Many humans need to spread their entrepreneurial wings, but additionally they don?T need to give up the stability of operating for a person else. The startup lifestyles seems interesting, however it comes with loads of risk and monetary volatility.
No rely if you love your day job because the work is significant, you get a constant paycheck, have terrific coworkers, or are carrying out a loved company task, it?S viable to additionally create a profitable commercial enterprise on the facet.
In my interview with Patrick McGinnis we talk about why you don’t have to choose between your current career and becoming an entrepreneur. He wrote the international bestseller The 10% Entrepreneur: Live Your Startup Dream Without Quitting Your Day Job.
We discuss the upside to having each the stableness of a traditional career and an entrepreneurial project. For many human beings, such as me, this combination is a smart way to diversify earnings, enlarge studies, increase your network, and live excited about paintings.
Patrick and I have a exceptional conversation about:
- The romance versus the reality of becoming an entrepreneur
- How to get the benefits of entrepreneurship with none of the pitfalls
- Why becoming a 10% entrepreneur often enhances performance at your day job
- Whether you should discuss a side business with employers or coworkers
- The best types of business ventures and projects to choose for your talent, experiences, and lifestyle
- How to find enough time to create a profitable side business
- When bringing in partners and outsourcing to freelancers makes sense
Entrepreneurship takes you to sudden places ? Building new matters, meeting new human beings, and sudden yourself in no way gets vintage, so embody the alternate to do something out of the regular. – Patrick McGinnis
Want to know the best financial and productivity tools that I use and recommend to save time and money?Click here to check out 40+ tools I recommend!
To connect on social media, you’ll findMoney Girl on Facebook,Twitter, andGoogle+. Also, if you’re not already subscribed to theMoney Girl podcast on Apple Podcastsor theStitcher app, both are free and make sure that you’ll get each new weekly episode as soon as it’s published on the web. The show is also on theSpotify mobile app!
There?S a massive archive of past articles and podcasts if you kind in what you want to find out about inside the search bar at the top of the page. Here are all the many locations you may hook up with me, learn more about private finance, and ask your money question:
- Dominate Your Dollars – Laura’s private Facebook Group
- Money Girl on Facebook
- Money Girl podcast on Apple Podcasts (it’s free to subscribe!)
- Money Girl on the Stitcher app (also free to subscribe!)
To learn about how to get out of debt, save money, and build wealth, get a copy of my award-winning bookMoney Girl’s Smart Moves to Grow Rich. It tells you what you need to know about money without bogging you down with what you don’t. It’s available at your favorite bookstore as a paperback or e-book. Click here to download 2 FREE book chapters now!
Items on a White Desktop image courtesy of Shutterstock