My Mom's Sinful Chicken. My Mom's Sinful Chicken An oldie, but a goodie! One of the Allen's favorite growing up! I am a stay-at-home mom who relies on my slow cooker for fast, nutritious meals with minimal cleanup and prep time.
It's a modified version of a recipe from a cookbook called The No Willpower Diet. It's perfect comfort food–chicken in a yummy, tomato-y sauce. This chicken really knocked my socks off!!! You can cook My Mom's Sinful Chicken using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Mom's Sinful Chicken
- Prepare 3 cups of Italian Bread Crumbs (I use Progresso Brand).
- It’s 3-4 drops of Gravy Master.
- Prepare Dash of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 8-9 of thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 of eggs with a little water.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Flour seasoned w salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh chopped parsley (optional ).
I wish my mom made chicken like this. This is a great day for chicken. However although my father and his friend were greatly impressed I was not. Add frozen chicken, pepper, water, and wait to boil.
My Mom's Sinful Chicken step by step
- Set stove to medium heat and add oil. Dry off chicken w a paper towel and dip (Dredge) cutlet in flour and tap off excess. Dip cutlet in egg and then dip in breadcrumbs. Place in large skillet pan with oil and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side. Place cooked chicken on a platter and set aside..
- Clean off pan with paper towel and add cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup with two cans of water. Add gravy master and continue to whisk quickly..
- Add cooked chicken to gravy to skillet & cover completely w a lid or aluminum foil and place in a 325°F oven for 25 minutes. Serve. For freshness and plate appearance, add some freshly chopped parsley on top of the chicken..
Using a strainer over a heatproof bowl. pour the content and separate out the broth and ingredients. When cooled, separate out the chicken thighs and use in a chicken dish for another day. Even my husband loves this dish. Each time he goes to Canada or when my mom comes to visit us in Italy, she ha… I thought this was actually quite bland. My husband liked it but I would not make it again.