Balsamic chicken and mushrooms. Add the chicken and coat both sides with the mixture. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. In the skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon of oil.
I served my Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms with Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes and some steamed green beans. The buttery balsamic sauce would also pair beautifully with Browned Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes, Roasted Vegetable Couscous, or Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad. Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and thyme to the skillet. You can cook Balsamic chicken and mushrooms using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Balsamic chicken and mushrooms
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts, sliced thin 1/4th inch.
- It’s 2 cups of mushrooms, any kind.
- Prepare 3 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of spring onions chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of all purpose flour or oats flour.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
Stir and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm. Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet. Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar.
Balsamic chicken and mushrooms step by step
- Marinate chicken with chopped garlic, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt for 15 -20mins..
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the chicken until brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
- In another pan, add oil and fry the mushrooms for 2mins. Add broth, tbsp vinegar, salt and mix well.
- You can add oats flour or all purpose flour for thickening . Mix well till the sauce thickens..
- Add chopped spring onions to the sauce and transfer to a bowl.
The chicken is browned on the outside and juicy in the middle, the mushrooms are earthy, and the balsamic gravy has the perfect touch of sweetness. Served over creamy parmesan polenta with a bitter green vegetable like broccoli rabe or swiss chard on the side, this is the kind of meal that will leave everyone (including the cook!) impressed. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Melt the margarine in the pan. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and bring it to a boil to reduce the liquid.