You can cook Chicken Afghani using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Afghani
- You need 1 kg of chicken.
- You need 20 of cashews.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 of big onions thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of tomato puréed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Aamchur powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried Kasuri methi.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 3 tbsp of refined oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ghee.
- You need To of Marinate:.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curd.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
Chicken Afghani instructions
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients listed in marinade section and refrigerate for an hour..
- Add 3 tbsp of oil In a pan and shallow fry the chicken. Cook for 20 minutes by covering the pan with a lid. Keep the cooked chucked aside..
- In the same pan, fry the onions and cashew till they are golden brown. Cool for some time and grind them in a mixer to make a smooth paste..
- Add ghee to a pan and fry the ginger garlic paste for 5 minutes. Add tomato purée, amchur powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, salt and milk and cook for 10 minutes..
- Add the onion cashew paste and kasuri methi and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add the chicken pieces and coriander leaves and stir well..
- Enjoy it hot with rice/roti!.