Chicken in Hoisin Sauce. Combine hoisin sauce, water, and minced garlic in a small bowl. Reserve half of hoisin sauce mixture. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
You can substitute any quick-cooking vegetable, such as mushrooms, thinly sliced carrots, or broccoli florets. Round out the meal with Steamed White Rice. The savory, sweet, and umami tasting sauce is actually great for stir-fries, as in this simple Hoisin Chicken. You can have Chicken in Hoisin Sauce using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken in Hoisin Sauce
- You need of For Chicken :.
- It’s 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s of Oil to fry.
- You need of For Sauce :.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen pea, thawed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1,5 tablespoons of ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch + 1 tbs water (mix well).
Hoisin sauce brings a new dimension in taste. I like the slight sweetness that comes with the sauce, and it makes this Hoisin Chicken very appetizing, and especially great with steamed white rice. Hoisin sauce is one of my favorite sauces in my kitchen pantry. When it comes to Chinese recipes, there are three sauces that are staples: soy sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce.
Chicken in Hoisin Sauce instructions
- Marinate the chicken slices with salt, garlic powder and egg for at least an hour..
- Put the cornstarch in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and coat them well with cornstarch..
- Fry the chicken until cooked through and crispy. Fry the chicken in small batches so it will not use too much oil..
- To make the sauce : Mix water, sugar, ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, apple cider vinegar and black pepper in a bowl. Stir them well..
- Heat a tablespoon oil, then add garlic and onion. Saute until fragrant..
- Add the sauce mixture and cook until bubbly. Add the peas. Stir it for a few second. Add the cornstarch mixture. Stir it until the sauce get thickened. Turn the heat off..
- Add the chicken pieces and toss to combine..
- Serve immediately..
While I love the savory notes of soy sauce and oyster sauce, Hoisin sauce brings a completely new flavor profile to a dish. In a bowl, loosen the hoisin with a splash of red wine vinegar, then spoon over the chicken. Leave it in the oven while you drain and divide up the salad. Sit the chicken and soft spring onions on top and crack over the crispy skin. Add the chicken and stir to combine.