"sopas". Milk makes this chicken sopas version rich and creamy. I am using evaporated milk for this recipe. Alternative ingredients for this type of milk includes fresh milk, powdered milk mixed in water, and whipping cream.
But although there are many dishes we can classify as sopas such as pancit lomi and chicken sotanghon, it is most commonly associated with a soup made of elbow macaroni, vegetables, and milk-infused broth. Sopas is a Filipino macaroni soup made with elbow macaroni, various vegetables, and meat (usually chicken), in a creamy broth with evaporated milk. It is regarded as a comfort food in the Philippines and is typically eaten during breakfast, cold weather, or served to sick people. You can cook "sopas" using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "sopas"
- It’s 1/2 of K macaroni.
- Prepare 1 of medium size potato and carrot.
- It’s 1 of small size cabbage.
- Prepare 1/4 of K chicken liver (sliced each liver into two).
- Prepare 1/4 of K chicken breast(sliced into small pieces).
- Prepare 2 pieces of large hotdogs(sliced diagonally).
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It’s of Onion and Garlic.
- You need of Some seasonings.
- Prepare of and Powdered pepper.
It does not contain any SDDs (SOPAS Device Drivers). SDDs can be downloaded once SOPAS ET has been started up for the first time. Use the device catalog for this purpose. Sopas, literally means soup in Tagalog (or Spanish sopa), a Filipino soup favorite, it is this creamy chicken soup made with elbow macaroni, milk and butter.
- Saute onion, garlic together with the chicken breast, chicken liver and sliced hotdog..
- Add one pitcher of water. Wait until it boils then put the macaroni..
- Wait until the macaroni is already cooked then add the carrots and potatoes. Then add the cabbage, milk, pepper and some seasonings..
The Filipino sopas is a sort of comfort food, perfect when you're not feeling well or even just on a nice cold, rainy day. A hot bowl of Filipino chicken sopas, or creamy chicken macaroni soup, is the perfect comfort food to make in just one pot on a cold, rainy evening. A hot bowl of Filipino chicken sopas, or creamy chicken macaroni soup, is the perfect comfort food to make in just one pot on a cold, rainy evening. Chicken Macaroni Sopas is a rich chicken noodle soup dish that I really enjoy having during cold weather, or even on an ordinary day — usually in the mid afternoon. I have had chicken macaroni sopas ever since I was a kid.