Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets. Ghee or avocado oil. lemon wedges, for serving. Repeat the same for the remaining chicken cutlets. You can also make these easy chicken cutlets in a large skillet over the stovetop.
With that being said, let's get cooking! If you want to enjoy breaded chicken, but are on a keto diet, this Keto Baked Breaded Chicken Breast recipe will surely satisfy. It uses almond meal, instead of bread crumbs. You can cook Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- You need 1 pounds of thinly sliced chicken breast.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1 1/3 cups of almond flour.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan.
- It’s 1 teaspoons of paprika.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s of Ghee or avocado oil, for frying.
- It’s of Lemon wedges, for serving.
Keto breaded chicken breasts As part of a recent modified keto/low-carb diet, I've. Lightly season chicken with remaining salt and pepper. Coat each chicken breast in egg mixture, then coat in flour mixture, shake off excess. Preheat a cast iron pan of large skillet and coat with olive oil and butter.
Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets instructions
- If any of the chicken slices are thicker than 1/4 inch, pound them out one at a time between 2 sheets of plastic wrap with a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4 inch..
- Lay out the chicken on a baking sheet or plate and sprinkle all over with salt and just enough of the almond flour to lightly coat both sides..
- Beat the eggs in a wide shallow bowl. In another wide, shallow bowl, mix the remaining almond flour with the Parmesan, paprika and garlic powder..
- Dip 1 to 2 slices of chicken in the eggs to coat. Let the excess drip off, then coat thoroughly in the almond flour-Parmesan mixture. Return to the baking sheet or plate and repeat with the remaining chicken..
- Heat 1/4 inch of ghee or avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add half the chicken and cook until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side, another 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with the remaining chicken, adding more ghee or oil if needed. Serve with lemon wedges..
This recipe shows you how to turn boneless chicken breast halves into cutlets: "Place chicken breasts on a work surface and cover with waxed paper. Pound each breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness," recipe creator mrs.g says. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. In a third shallow bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, lemon zest, and cayenne. Allow chicken breast to really sear before turning them over.