Quick Make -Believe Stir Fry Lemon Chicken. This delicious and fresh-tasting quick and easy Lemon Chicken Stir Fry is just the thing for a busy weeknight. The fresh lemon juice really brightens and lightens this dish. This dish maybe isn't the prettiest one on the block, but it has so much to recommend it!
Add water, soy sauce, sugar and vegetables; Stir. Spiked with lots of zesty lemon, this delectable chicken stir-fry has a colorful mix of snow peas, carrots and scallions. But feel free to substitute other thinly sliced vegetables, such as bell peppers or zucchini. You can cook Quick Make -Believe Stir Fry Lemon Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick Make -Believe Stir Fry Lemon Chicken
- You need 1 of large pack chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, OR boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips(rinsed and pat dry thoroughly).
- Prepare 2 packages (3 ounce) of Lemon flavor jello gelatin.
- You need 2 tablespoons of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 ounce) of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Zesty Italian dressing (shake dressing well !!).
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of small onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small red pepper, sliced (you can also use a stir fry mixture, fresh or frozen).
- Prepare of Hot cooked white.
Serve with: Rice noodles or brown rice. Transfer the protein to a clean plate. This easy Chicken Stir Fry recipe is loaded with fresh veggies and the most delicious sauce made with honey, soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil! This post is sponsored by Safeway.
Quick Make -Believe Stir Fry Lemon Chicken step by step
- In a small bowl combine both packs of lemon jello with your cornstarch, mix well…….
- Add in your chicken broth, black pepper, crushed red pepper, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, zesty Italian dressing and garlic, mix all well……stir occasionally…….
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan……
- Add to vegetable oil in pan your chicken strips, then add in your onions and red pepper, sauté on high heat for several minutes or until chicken is almost done…….stirring frequently……..
- Slowly stir into chicken strips and veggies your lemon broth mixture, continue to cook chicken and broth together on high heat until lemon broth thickens…….remove from heat…….
- Serve your make-believe lemon chicken over white rice and enjoy 😉!!.
In a jug, mix together the honey, lemon, stock and soy, then set aside. Toss the chicken with the cornflour so it's completely coated. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the chicken until it changes colour and starts to become crisp around the edges. Stir frying is quick, easy, and extremely versatile. Once you know the basics behind putting together a great stir-fry, you can easily introduce new ingredients, make a variety of sauces, or try traditional stir-fry recipes like Kung Pao Chicken or Beef with Broccoli.