Chicken Teriyaki. Chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce, lemon, garlic, and sesame oil, then grilled to a tasty finish. Very easy and great for a hot summer's evening. Leftovers are great on a green salad or sandwich.
I've shared other teriyaki chicken recipes like my Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Bowl but this hands down beats the prep and cook time on any other teriyaki chicken I've tried. And yet it tastes just as good! Plus it's such a flavorful sauce so it doesn't even require marinating. You can cook Chicken Teriyaki using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Teriyaki
- Prepare 1 of Chicken breast, sliced in long pieces.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of honey.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- You need Half of cup chopped vegetables(chillies, onions, spring onion).
- It’s of Cayenne pepper.
- You need of Pineapple juice (some drops).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- It’s of Corn slurry (corn starch + water drops).
- You need of Sesame seeds (for garnishing).
Honey Teriyaki Chicken with Ripe Pineapple Spears and Black and White Rice Balls. Teriyaki is derived from the Japanese root words teri, to shine, and yaki, to broil or grill. That's the way traditional teriyaki looks: shiny and incised with grill marks. In Japan, teriyaki is a mix of soy sauce, sake and the rice wine mirin, which imparts a subtle sweetness.
Chicken Teriyaki instructions
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Add sliced chicken pieces and shallow fry them from both sides for around 10 mins..
- In a separate container, prepare the teriyaki sauce. Make a mixture of Soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce. Then add chopped veggies, cayenne pepper,honey, sugar and pineapple juice and keep it aside..
- Add the prepared sauce into the fried chicken. Add corn starch slurry and let it cook on a high flame for 5 mins or until the gravy thickens. Finally, garnish the chicken with some sesame seeds and spring onins..
This American-style chicken teriyaki is a little salty, a little sweet, a little sour, and has just the tiniest hint of spice from minced ginger: exactly what you'd want for dinner after a long. The chicken thighs are usually grilled, then sliced and drizzled with delicious teriyaki sauce. It's also very versatile and you can make it with an Instant Pot Chicken or Slow Cooker. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, brown the chicken thighs well on both sides and set them to the side.