Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich. Try These Delicious Recipes Made With Hellmann's® Mayonnaise! A Delicious Way to Enhance The Flavor of Sandwiches, Wraps & More! Dunk the chicken first in the buttermilk mixture, then dredge in the seasoned flour and coat thoroughly.
Meanwhile, whisk together buttermilk and Old Bay or hot sauce in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, set up your dredging station: flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and a pinch of salt in a shallow bowl; buttermilk, hot sauce, egg, and a pinch of salt in another shallow bowl. Add chicken pieces and toss to evenly coat. You can have Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich
- You need of For the Chicken.
- Prepare 1 of Large Boneless Chicken Breast Sliced in Half Lengthwise.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Egg Beaten.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot).
- You need 1/2 Cup of AP Flour.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 of Tsps Cayenne Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tsp of Chilli Powder.
- You need 2 Tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 Litre of Vegetable or Canola Oil For Frying.
- You need of For the Slaw.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of Finely Shredded Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Carrot Peeled and Shredded.
- You need 2 Tbsps of Sour Cream.
- You need 2 Tsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 Tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt and Pepper.
Remove from oil onto a cooling rack. In a large bowl, add cayenne, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder and paprika; mix until combined. Nashville-style Hot and Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwiches worthy of its name and iconic reputation! Flavored with a sizzling hot sauce and spice blend that penetrate the crispy coating, and then paired with a cool, herby, tangy sour cream ranch dressing, these spicy fried chicken sandwiches are known for two things – heat and flavor!
Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich instructions
- To make the coleslaw, simply combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside..
- For the chicken, first we are going to prepare our wet bath and dry dredge. Begin by combining your milk, the beaten egg, and the hot sauce in a bowl and stirring until combined. Set aside..
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, 2 Tsp of Cayenne Powder, 1 Tsp of Chilli Powder, 1 1/2 Tsp Paprika, and 1 Tsp Garlic Powder. Mix using a fork or a whisk until well combined..
- Begin by dipping your chicken breasts into the flour mixture. Once coated in flour, shake off the excess and then dunk into the wet mixture. Coat thoroughly, and transfer back to the flour mixture. Ensure that the chicken is evenly coated by the flour mixture on all sides. Shake off excess flour, and transfer to a plate..
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan or frying pan, heat your oil to 375 degrees F. It will lose a significant amount of heat when you introduce your chicken, so we are aiming high. It is important that your oil is up to temperature before introducing the chicken or you will end up with soggy chicken..
- Fry the chicken until golden brown and crispy on both sides flipping in the oil as necessary (about 3-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the breasts). Remove from oil and place on a wire rack with a paper towel underneath to drain..
- Steal about a 1/4 cup of the hot cooking oil which your chicken had just cooked in and place in a heat proof bowl. Add remaining 1 Tsp of Cayenne Powder, 1/2 Tsp of Chilli Powder, and 1/2 Tsp of Paprika along with the brown sugar and the apple cider vinegar. Stir until well combined..
- Once the chicken has drained, place on a plate and spoon the hot oil mixture all over the breasts until they are well coated. Place onto sandwich rolls and top with the homemade coleslaw..
Mix flour and salt together in a shallow flat dish. Remove chicken from marinade and blot with paper towels. Toss chicken in flour until thoroughly coated. In a large bowl, season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a metal rack.