Chicken Stew. Chicken stews are just about the most comforting comfort foods out there. Find recipes for slow cooker chicken stews, chicken and dumplings, Brunswick stew, fricassee, and other stews from around the world. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
Whip up a big batch of hearty chicken stew with easy to prepare recipes and helpful tips from the expert chefs at Food Network. This chicken stew is a hearty blend of tender chicken pieces, potatoes and vegetables, all in a thick and hearty broth. The perfect comfort food classic to warm up with on a cold day! You can cook Chicken Stew using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew
- Prepare 4 medium of Boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 4 medium of Potatoes.
- It’s 2 can of Mixed veggies.
- You need 1 can of Tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can of Corn.
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
My family loves soup, and I love that it's an easy, one pot dinner. This Chicken Stew is slow cooked in the oven to develop deep, incredible flavours. The smell that fills the house when it's in the oven is simply wonderful! Made with skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks, this Chicken Stew recipe is a firm favourite during the colder months along with Beef Stew and Pot Roast.
Chicken Stew step by step
- Grill your chicken. (See my instructions on perfect grilled chicken).
- Slice and boil your potatoes..
- Cut up the onion..
- Pour all ingredients in a pan and set on high. Or 350 if you are using a skillet..
- Leave for 30 minutes while stirring frequently..
- Turn pan on low. Or skillet on warm and let simmer for 15 minutes..
- You can serve with a side of crackers or hot sauce. :).
Chicken Stew is a delicious meal with chicken, potatoes and sweet potatoes, onions and carrots. It's all simmered in a rich seasoned chicken broth until tender. It's one of our all time favorite meals (along with beef stew)!. A recipe like this chicken stew is a meal unto itself… full of protein, healthy carbs and veggies. How to Make Stew Chicken Stew.