Squash soup. Enjoy Our Tasty Butternut Squash Bisque Made with Apple and Cinnamon! Welcome the cool weather with some of our top-rated squash soup recipes. Creamy golden comfort in a bowl.
Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious. We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable. In a large saucepan, saute squash and onions in butter until tender. You can have Squash soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Squash soup
- Prepare 4 of squashes.
- Prepare 3 of yellow squashes.
- It’s 3 of zucchinis.
- You need 1 pinch of oregano.
- Prepare 1 cup of cut up onions.
- It’s 5 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 pinch of caldeo de pollo (chicken seasoning).
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Oil.
- It’s of Cheese, from brand fresco, you can find in Fiesta or Krogers.
Stir in the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cut squash into eight large pieces. Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Is butternut squash soup good for you?
Squash soup step by step
- First step, cut up all veggies including onions, into tiny pieces am not taking about really small one but good enough, for example the picture below. Once done clean your veggies but you can do that before you chop or after..
- In a large pot pour oil and butter, first put in onions and garlic, when done the onions should be translucent..
- Next step in blender, blend the tomatoes with just a tiny bit caldo de pollo. Once done put the blend in the pot and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, then after that all you have to do is place everything else in the pot (but not cheese yet)..
- Give the pot a great big stir add 1 cup of water, also you can add more caldo de pollo if you like. Once you give it one big stir add a pinch of the oregano, cover pot let it simmer for about 15 min. Once done your veggies have to be tender but firm..
- Let it cool then once cool, break the cheese to pieces and throw on top but don't stir. Then ready to eat, extremely healthy….
Plus, butternut squash is full of vitamins A and C, among other nutrients. If you want to make this soup even healthier, you could stir in Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream to boost the protein. Check out our top-rated winter squash soup recipes. Garnish with sliced scallions, toasted squash seeds, or shrimp. In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender.