Chicken and potato stew. A stew full of not only chicken and potatoes but carrots, onion, mushrooms, mixed veggies and a smattering of herbs and spices. It is fine to substitute chicken broth for chicken stock, simply adjust the salt content. This chicken stew wit potatoes is a favorite around here.
You'll also use some of the bacon grease to cook the vegetables in. No point in letting it all go to waste. Little Potato Company creamer potatoes and nutritious vegetables like carrots, celery, and mushrooms blended together with organic chicken broth and a bit of gluten-free flour creates a perfect, hearty, nourishing stew that will warm you to the bone with every little bite. You can have Chicken and potato stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and potato stew
- You need 1/2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 4 large of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 large of carrots.
- It’s of green onions.
- It’s of sour cream.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of cumin.
Creamer potatoes, being naturally starchier, but still loaded with vitamin C, fibre, and potassium work wonderfully to. The Best Chicken Stew With Vegetables And Potatoes Recipes on Yummly I also used fresh chopped carrots and potatoes and frozen corn and beans and cooked all in the stew until softened – adding peas and chopped parsley at the end. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Chicken and potato stew instructions
- Cut chicken into small to medium cubes, season with oil, black pepper, and chopped garlic..
- Fry the mix in a deep pan on a large fire until it is brownish. Stir regularly to avoid burning..
- Cut onion in ring quarters, slice carrots. Add them with cumin to the pan, mix well. Cover with a lid, continue frying on a large fire regularly stirring..
- Cut potatoes into medium to large cubes, add them to the pan. Pour water or broth a bit below of potato level, salt if needed. Mix well..
- When water starts to boil, reduce fire, cover pan with a lid, and wait until potato is ready..
- Serve with chopped green onions and sour cream. Have a good meal :).
In a large shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. In a large skillet, melt butter; cook chicken until chicken juices to run clear. In a small bowl, combine the broth, thyme, ketchup and cornstarch; stir into. Transfer the chicken out of the dutch oven to a plate.