Stuffed Red Peppers with Quinoa. Try Drive Up, Pick Up, or Same Day Delivery. Stir black beans and spinach into quinoa mixture, adding reserved tomato juice if mixture is dry. Spoon quinoa mixture into roasted red peppers and top with Mexican cheese blend.
I added the veggies to the meat. Stuffed Red Peppers Helps Your Veggie Intake! Here she brings us her Stuffed Pepper recipes, which she tells us was a smart, albeit sneaky way, to get her husband to eat more vegetables. You can have Stuffed Red Peppers with Quinoa using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Red Peppers with Quinoa
- Prepare 5 of red peppers.
- It’s 2 lb of ground chicken browned in a little olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery.
- It’s 1 cup of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh spinach.
- Prepare 1 can of Italian diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
Look at those beauties stuffed with hearty and protein packed quinoa, zucchini and feta. Once translucent, add the courgette season with salt and pepper. Add quinoa, rice, parsley and half of the cheese. Fill the peppers and sprinkle with more grated cheese.
Stuffed Red Peppers with Quinoa step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook quinoa according to directions and set aside..
- Split peppers length-wise, remove seeds and veins, and par boil for 5 minutes. Place in baking dish..
- Saute all vegetables, except spinach, in olive oil until softened..
- Add spinach to wilt. Then add can of tomatoes..
- Combine all ingredients and place in peppers..
- Cover with foil and cook 45 minutes to 1 hour, until bubbly..
- An option would be to sprinkle with parmesan cheese at the end!.
Welcome to the family, Vegan Stuffed Peppers! Colorful red bell peppers with quinoa, lentils, and a robust array of Italian flavors, this satisfying, protein-packed meal wants to be your meatless main squeeze. I find quiet satisfaction in creating memorable recipes from humble ingredients, especially ones like grains and legumes that hang out faithfully in my pantry, patiently awaiting their. In a small saucepan, bring the broth, water and bay leaf to a boil. Fill the pepper halves with the quinoa and vegetable stuffing and drizzle with EVOO.