Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! In slow cooker, mix potatoes, corn, carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Stir in salsa, cumin, chili powder and pepper.
This is a super simple to make stew but is also something different from the norm. Plus, the super spiciness will keep you extra warm! Place potatoes, corn, celery, carrots, onion and garlic in slow cooker. You can cook Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
- Prepare 1 kg of Chicken pieces.
- You need 500 grams of mixed vegetables.
- You need 300 grams of Chorizo sausage, sliced.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 50 grams of Spicy chicken thick soup stew (Royco).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chicken spice.
- You need 1 tbsp of origanum.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 500 ml of water.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
Stir in salsa, salt, cumin, chile powder and pepper. Distribute chicken evenly on top of vegetables and pour chicken broth over chicken. We are ringing in the new year with a delicious array of new food trends! Use slow cooker for tough cuts of meat.
Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew instructions
- I used chicken breasts and drumsticks (as there aren't that many bones in them), but use any pieces you'd like. First I scored them. Then in a bowl, I combined the salt, ground black pepper, chicken spice, origanum, and thyme, and tossed them with the chicken. Then I drizzled the olive oil over the chicken.
- Then in a large pan, melt one stick butter. Fry the onion and garlic on medium to high heat for about 3 mins.
- Add the chorizos, and fry for a further 5 mins.
- Add the chicken, and brown (5 – 10mins).
- While the chicken is frying, layer your mixed vegetables on the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Choose your favourite vegetables (I used a mixed bag of broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and baby marrows).
- Once chicken is browned, transfer to the slow cooker, layering on top of the mix vegetables.
- In a measuring jug, make a paste with the spicy chicken thick soup stew powder, with a little cold water. Keep adding water and mixing until you have 500ml (I used the Royco variety, but use whatever is available in your country, or closest to it).
- Pour over chicken over chicken and vegetables. Add the bay leaf.
- Turn slow cooker onto high (5 – 6hrs) or on low (7 – 8hrs). Test sauce 3/4 of the way and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- (optional) serve with mash or on a bed of rice.
Low and slow/braised cooking recipes can easily be. Boneless chicken breasts simmer for hours in the slow cooker with green salsa, tomatoes, beans, corn, and seasonings to make an easy one-dish meal with a creamy sauce. Make it thick for a stew or thinner for a soup. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. I like to sprinkle chicken stew with toasted almonds or cashews and serve with hot couscous.