Brenda's Chicken & Summer Squash Skillet. View the online menu of Brendas Chicken Inn and other restaurants in Winnfield, Louisiana. Please check with the restaurant directly. Brendas Chicken Inn « Back To Winnfield, LA.
This place has great customer service. Mix together Stove Top mix and butter. Lines can be long on the weekends (pre-COVID), but get there early and it's not too bad. You can have Brenda's Chicken & Summer Squash Skillet using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brenda's Chicken & Summer Squash Skillet
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 small of boneless chicken breast halves.
- It’s 10 oz of (1 tub) Philadelphia Italian cheese & herb cooking creme, divided.
- It’s 2 of zucchini, cut lengthwise, then sliced.
- It’s 2 of yellow squash, cut lengthwise then sliced.
- You need 2 cup of cooked Orzo pasta.
- You need 2 tbsp of thinly sliced fresh basil.
A southern culinary tradition, meat & three diners are popular with locals who choose one meat (or entrée) and three side dishes from a daily selection of down-home favorites. For delivery: Click Caviar or DoorDash. Want another way to get your Brenda's fix? And now you can have some of our most popular dishes shipped nationwide via Goldbelly.
Brenda's Chicken & Summer Squash Skillet step by step
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until done (165°). Transfer to plate, cover to keep warm..
- Place 1/4 cup cooking cream in microwavable bowl and set aside..
- Add vegetables to skillet, cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining cream, cook and stir 2 minutes. Add Orzo, cook and stir until heated through..
- Spoon Orzo mixture onto 4 plates, top with chicken. Microwave reserved cream on high 15-20 seconds. Spoon over chicken. top with basil..
- This is just as good with pork chops!.
Come By Reviews for Brenda's Chicken Inn. The staff is friendly and fun. Their hush puppies were the best I've ever had. Next time I plan on trying the boudin balls, I was told they are amazing. Come and eat or have a nice visit while you wait for.