Date oatmeal cookie. Oatmeal cookies have always been one of my favorites. I've made them many, many times — sometimes with raisins, other times with chocolate chips or coconut. These chewy oatmeal cookies get warm, complex flavor from cardamom and caramelly Medjool dates.
Oatmeal Date Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This delicious recipe for oatmeal cookies with date filling will have everyone in your house reaching for the cookie jar. Oatmeal Date Cookies are chewy, nutty treats with just the right amount of sweetness. You can have Date oatmeal cookie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Date oatmeal cookie
- Prepare 10 oz of pitted date.
- Prepare 2 cups of quick cook oats flour.
- Prepare 8 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- You need 2 tablespoon of milk powder.
- You need 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Mahleb ground.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fennel.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of yeast.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm milk +3 teaspoon.
Fun fact: I do not like raisins. I do, however, very much like oatmeal cookies. I love oatmeal cookies and these have it all. Chewy, soft, crispy all at the same time.
Date oatmeal cookie instructions
- Over medium heat with 4 tablespoon of the butter add the date and smash till you get paste add 1 tablespoon cardamom and cinnamon let it cool.
- Roll it to thin paper using sprayed film.
- Mix all the dry ingredients mix with 4 tablespoon cold butter look like sand and start adding the warm milk the last 3 spoons mix one at time.
- The dough will be not hard and not sticky spray it and let rest for half hour.
- Roll the dough paper thin then add on top the date and start rolling like cinnamon roll and start cutting I used knife but use floss for sharp cut.
- About inch some shape I used a cookie cutter then brush with milk please lay it on top paper parchment so it will not burn the bottom.
- At reheated oven 350 f for 15 to 20 minutes keep watching the bottom of the cookie enjoy 😉.
These tasty date oatmeal cookies use the natural sweetness of the dates rather than any added sugar to make a relatively healthy, easy and delicious treat. This makes a huge batch, cut the recipe in half if desired. An oatmeal raisin cookie is a type of drop cookie distinguished by an oatmeal-based dough with raisins mixed throughout. Its ingredients also typically include flour, sugar, eggs, salt, and various spices. My recipe for Oatmeal-Date-Chocolate Cookies gives you the cholesterol-lowering benefits of oats and fiber-packed dates.