Cooking Mama's Chicken & Chorizo Gratin. Behold: our most shared fried chicken recipe of all time. Fried chicken is, put quite simply, a decadent delight when done right, and this recipe will take you back to the days when your mother used to fry her famous chicken for Sunday dinner. This Southern classic, Mama's Fried Chicken, is simple.
This southern fried chicken recipe is a family favorite. It can either be cooked in a deep fryer or pan-fried. Whichever way you choose, you won't be disappointed. You can cook Cooking Mama's Chicken & Chorizo Gratin using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cooking Mama's Chicken & Chorizo Gratin
- It’s 100 grams of Chorizo.
- You need 450 grams of Chicken breast diced.
- It’s 1 of Onion diced.
- You need 1 of Courgette halved & sliced.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper diced.
- It’s 400 grams of Tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato puree.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 pinch of Chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried sage.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper to season.
- You need 50 grams of Grated mozarella.
- Prepare 100 grams of Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 pints of water.
You don't have to soak the chicken in the buttermilk overnight but it is the key to great southern fried chicken recipe. Chicken and rice casseroles are a staple of American cooking. This version uses cream of mushroom, cream of celery, and cream of chicken to give a rich flavor to a quick school-night dinner when getting your back-to-school routine settled. I just boiled a couple of chicken breasts for this but you can use leg quarters, a whole fryer, even canned chicken!
Cooking Mama's Chicken & Chorizo Gratin step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 200C, 400F, gas mark 6.
- Fry chorizo and chicken for 7-8 minutes, until browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish using a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion and garlic and fry until softened. Stir in courgette, peppers, chopped tomatoes. Add herbs and spices, water, tomato puree and tomato ketchup and season. Bring to the boil then transfer to the ovenproof dish with the chorizo and chicken and stir..
- Mix mozarella and breadcrumbs, sprinkle over and bake for 15-20 minutes until topping has turned golden..
- Serve with crusty bread and mixed salad…enjoy!.
Just cook it until done and remove and shred meat to use in this. Top with all of the chicken mixture. Dip the chicken pieces first into the egg mixture and then into the flour, shaking off any excess. Transfer chicken to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. For each activity is a corresponding mini-game – mastering one mini.