Sweet and sour chicken easy. Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken. Especially when it tastes better than what I'd get in a restaurant, it's healthier, less expensive, and faster than calling for takeout. It's a simple sweet and sour sauce that's packed with the perfect balance of sweet yet sour Asian flavors.
The dish comes complete with crispy fried chicken cubes with mouthwatering sweet and sour sauce. It goes well with steamed rice, fried rice or chow mein. How to Make Sweet and Sour Chicken. You can cook Sweet and sour chicken easy using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour chicken easy
- It’s 2 of zucchini.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s bunch of chives, green onion, fresh ginger.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of starch and sugar each.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, coriander.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder, hot sauce.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- You need 2 tbsp of vinegar.
Batter the Chicken: Whisk cornstarch, flour and salt together with egg, oil and water in a bowl (it'll be as thick as pancake batter). In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season chicken strips and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate.
Sweet and sour chicken easy step by step
- Chop all ingredients. Start by stir frying the vegetables and spices for a few minutes then add the chicken cubes and lemon and vinegar and cook on medium high heat till chicken is cooked..
- Add starch and sugar mix and stir. Add 1 cup of water in parts while stiring, add tomato paste..
- Cook covered for a about 5 minutes, till the sauce feels a bit thick like warm honey when trickling from a spoon.
- Serve with noodles, white rice or pasta and have a blast :).
Great, fresh tasting sweet & sour recipe. This healthier homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe is a fantastic substitute for any Chinese restaurant version. And in about the time it takes to have it delivered, you could already be eating! In addition to my Easy Cashew Chicken and Cranberry Chicken , this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe is in constant rotation at my house for dinner. MAKE EASY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN AT HOME THAT TASTES WAY BETTER THAN TAKE OUT!