Bourbon Chicken. Whiskey lends a hand in this sweet and savory marinated chicken. Footnotes Note; The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method.
Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard. You can cook Bourbon Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chicken
- It’s 1/2 cup of Bourbon Whiskey.
- You need 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1 dash of Freshly Grated Ginger.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 lb of Chicken (Cutlet) Breast – Thinned & Cubed.
- It’s 5 of Baby Bella Mushrooms – Sliced.
- You need 1/2 of Green Zucchini – Sliced in Quaters.
- Prepare 1 of Corn Starch (to make a slurry).
- It’s of Garnish.
- Prepare 1 of Chives.
- You need 1 of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
This Bourbon Chicken is so much better than the standard food court recipe! The chicken turns out tender, juicy and loaded with tons of sauce. The sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. I like to double the sauce to have extra to serve over rice.
Bourbon Chicken instructions
- Put all the ingredients listed above except for the chicken, vegetables and corn starch into a small/medium sauce pan. Stir and bring to a simmer and until all the sugar is dissolved. Be careful as the alcohol in the bourbon may catch fire. Let the alcohol burn off or you will get tipsy from this dish. Do not lower the fire on the stove. If it does not catch fire this means your sauce pan is too deep, and I would suggest taking a long match or lighter and lighting it so it burns out..
- Now add the vegetables and stir into sauce on a lower flame, followed by adding the chicken..
- Cook on a medium/high flame for about 5-7 minutes and mix periodically..
- To finish, make a slurry of corn starch and thicken the sauce while it is on high and boiling. To thicken the sauce to desired thickness. Best not to make it too thick as it will gel more once it starts to cool..
- Garnish with chives and toasted sesame seeds and put over fresh cooked rice and enjoy!!.
Best of all this recipe couldn't be easier. This delicious bourbon chicken recipe is a play on the classic food court favorite! It has a sticky, sweet and tangy sauce that coats the chicken just perfectly. Serve it over a bed of rice for the tastiest homemade Chinese takeout. Bourbon chicken is a dish named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana and for the bourbon whiskey ingredient.