Potato and Ground beef Gratin. Spread half of the potatoes in baking dish. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef.
Brown ground beef using vegetable oil. Set aside and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Arrange browned beef on top of potato mixture. You can have Potato and Ground beef Gratin using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and Ground beef Gratin
- You need 1 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- It’s 6 of potatoes, boiled.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 3 of stems of fresh Thyme.
- You need 1/4 c of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- You need 3 cups of shedded cheese.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of butter.
In a small bowl combine mushroom soup, sour cream and milk. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce. You may be tempted to cut calories by using half & half or milk in place of the cream. I served the potatoes au gratin with beef tenderloin with red wine sauce.
Potato and Ground beef Gratin step by step
- Brown ground beef, or turkey. Drain off access grease when done. Add salt and pepper to meat..
- Take boiIed potatoes and mash them..
- In saucepan melt butter and add chopped onion stir for 2 minutes..
- Add in flour and Thyme stir until bubbly remove from heat..
- Add milk place back on heat and stir until bubbly..
- Add 2 cups of shedded cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Turn heat off. Remove from heat..
- In a greased 13 x 9 dish layer half of the potatoes, top with meat, top with remaining potatoes. Pour cheese sauce on top. Bake for 30 min covered..
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15min..
Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Delicious layers of beef, potatoes and cheese in this beef and potato au gratin made easily in the Instant Pot – a definite winner for any family! In order to beef up our gratin (pun intended), we decided to add some deliciously seasoned beef, along with some onion and garlic, and then pair it all together with deliciously creamy and cheesy potatoes. Our whole family loves this dish and have requested we make it numerous times. Layer one-third of the potatoes into the prepared dish (save the best-looking pieces for the top).