Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken. Skinny Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken is a delicious chicken coated in a sweet and spicy sauce with tender vegetables and crunchy cashews. Skip the takeout, this is so much healthier and better! I love the light and tastiness of this skinny Kung Pao Chicken recipe.
I can hardly believe I made such delicious Kung Pao Chicken in my crockpot! Add chicken to a slow cooker. Whisk together soy sauce, water, hoisin sauce, honey, minced garlic, sesame oil, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and pour into the slow cooker. You can cook Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken
- It’s 2.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 of diced zucchini.
- Prepare 5 of diced red bell peppers.
- You need 1 cup of diced mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded carrots (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 cans of water chestnuts.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of whole cashews.
- Prepare 2 tbl of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of powdered ginger.
- Prepare 3 tbl of veg. oil.
- It’s 3 tbl of water?.
- Prepare 1 tbl of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbl of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbl of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tbl of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbl of flour.
- You need 2 cups of rice (brown or white).
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Tender chicken, loads of veggies, and a delicious sauce! Perfect when served over brown rice or cauliflower rice! Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken comin' at ya! I don't know if you've noticed, but.
Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken step by step
- Spray cooking spray in crockpot, add all ingredients except for flour and cashews. Stir, cover, and if you c an let marinate in crockpot an hour before turning on. Cook on low for 5 hours. Stir occasionally if you can.
- One hour before done cooking remove approx 1-2 cups of the broth and make slurry with flour. Pour back into dish and stir. Cover and continue to cook on low for last hour so it can thicken..
- Start to cook rice this last hour (4 cups boiling water to 2 cups white rice).
- Salt and pepper to taste then add cashews and mix in. Enjoy!.
I really like my crockpot and making crockpot recipes; I really like recipes with. I lived in China for two years, and this recipe (with some important but minor changes) comes very close to the Kung Pao chicken that can be found in Beijing restaurants. Best of all, this popular favorite can be made in the crock-pot or your Instant Pot pressure cooker. Lightened up with the same classic sweet & spicy flavors as your local Chinese restaurant. This tasty Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken dish is full of sauce, spice, heat, and zing… and totally delicious served over rice!!