Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Layer half the vegetables in a large crock pot in the following order: onion, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes. Next sprinkle half the basil, oregano, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper on the veggies.
In large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Rinse chicken and pat dry, season with some black pepper and place on a baking pan, set oven to broil and broil chicken until slightly browned, then place into crock pot (use this step only if your using bone – in chicken thighs, skin on), I took out the skin on my chicken thighs,otherwise cut chicken and place into crockpot. Place the eggplant in crock pot. You can have Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille
- You need 1 of large pack chicken thighs (or you can use boneless chicken).
- You need 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (28 oz).
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dry basil leaves.
- You need 1 can of Chick Peas (garbanzos,undrained).
- It’s 1 of large eggplant, cut into cubes.
- It’s 3 of zucchini, cut into coins.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of parsley Flakes.
- It’s of Fresh garlic, minced (5-6).
- You need of Salt.
Stir in the tomato paste, olives, and the fresh basil. Serve hot, room temperature or chilled. Check the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains. Serve with pasta, rice or crusty bread, a baguette would be ideal!
Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille instructions
- Peel and cut eggplant into cubes, then place into a colander with a bowl underneath to catch drippings and generously apply salt to your cubed eggplant, let sit out with the salt for about 30 min.(this will extract the xtra moisture that’s in the eggplant)……
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, season with some black pepper and place on a baking pan, set oven to broil and broil chicken until slightly browned, then place into crock pot (use this step only if your using bone – in chicken thighs, skin on), I took out the skin on my chicken thighs,otherwise cut chicken and place into crockpot……..
- Cut up your zucchini, onion, green pepper, and mince your garlic, rinse off the salt from your eggplant and drain well, and place all veggies into crockpot, including can of undrained chick peas……
- Pour the tomatoes over the chicken and veggies in crockpot, then sprinkle your remaining ingredients over all…..
- Stir gently, cover and cook on low for 8 hours……
- Eat and enjoy with white rice or by itself 🍛!!!! 😋.
Simply omit the chicken from this dish to make a tasty vegetarian and vegan ratatouille! Check out my slow cooker archives for loads more. These are a couple of my. This slow cooker chicken ratatouille stew is a healthy and hearty dish that you can make in minutes. Server over rice or eat as is.