Butternut Squash with Ground Chicken, Vegetables and Rice. Great recipe for Butternut Squash with Ground Chicken, Vegetables and Rice. I got the idea for this dish many years ago when I saw stuffed acorn squash at a restaurant. Turn those garden vegetables into roasted butternut squash pasta!
Butternut squash, or it's mini version, honey nut, is both sweet and mild. As with most vegetables, roasting brings out a depth of flavor and enhances the natural sweetness. And because of the high sugar content of squash, it pairs perfectly with a spice blend like za'atar and the earthy savory notes of tahini sauce. You can cook Butternut Squash with Ground Chicken, Vegetables and Rice using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash with Ground Chicken, Vegetables and Rice
- You need 1-2 of butternut squash sliced lengthwise and seeded.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of green zucchini chopped.
- It’s 1 of yellow zucchini chopped.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper chopped.
- You need 1 of small container mushrooms cleaned and chopped.
- You need 1 pound of ground chicken.
- It’s to taste of Seasoned salt.
- Prepare of White or brown long grain rice.
This clean, filling recipe can be prepared any night of the week! Whenever I discuss cooking with friends and family, the common sentiment is there's never enough time or energy for habitual cooking. Serve them with cranberry sauce for dipping, and a side of fall vegetables. I never ate butternut squash before I went gluten free.
Butternut Squash with Ground Chicken, Vegetables and Rice instructions
- Bake prepared butternut squash on a pan lined with parchment paper at 350 degrees until tender (approximately 1 hour)..
- In a saute pan with a lid, cook zucchini, red pepper and mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Set aside..
- Follow package directions to cook white or brown long grain rice. Make enough rice for 4 to 6 servings. Add rice to vegetable mixture when cooked..
- Season ground chicken with seasoned salt and fry until meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat and add ground chicken to rice and vegetable mixture..
- Spoon rice mixture into the depression in the squash or serve rice alongside desired amount of squash..
I mean, maybe it snuck in somewhere here or there, but I never really saw […] Scoot veggies off to side to make room for the chicken. Add chicken, basil, and sea salt. Return broth to the pan; add the squash, kale, carrots and onions. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces. For this diet-friendly recipe, we've used butternut squash and ground beef in a very delicious way.