Chicken Mozzarella Pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve alone or over pasta for a complete meal in minutes. You can cook Chicken Mozzarella Pasta using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large zucchini, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp. of each sugar, dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 of heaping cups chopped spinach.
- You need of Pasta:.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Penne pasta.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shaved parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 8 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite sized cubes.
Use these items to make your own Chicken Mozzarella Pasta – skillet, sun-dried tomatoes, and slotted spoon. How to Make Chicken Mozzarella Pasta. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta instructions
- Start by cooking the zucchini and getting the sauce ready. In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Cook the zucchini coins until they are just tender, then remove them to a plate and set them aside. If needed, add a bit more oil to the pot, then add the onion with a pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, until they have softened up. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Then pour in the crushed tomatoes and stir in the sugar and seasonings..
- Once the sauce begins to simmer, lower the heat and let it bubble gently. Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. Once it boils, cook the penne pasta according to the package directions. Once the pasta is done, drain it, then return it to the pot and toss lightly with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle the shaved parmesan over the pasta and set it aside..
- While your waiting on the pasta water to come to a boil, start the chicken. In a large, deep skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil over med-high heat. Once it's hot, add the chicken to the skillet and season it with salt and pepper. Cook until it's all browned and completely cooked through. Then place your chicken over top of the pasta..
- Last, stir the spinach into the simmering sauce. Once it wilts down, stir the zucchini and mozzarella cheese cubes into it. Stir gently until the mozzarella begins to soften. Before it completely melts, remove the sauce from the heat and pour it over top of the chicken and pasta. Then serve..
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes – Italian-inspired dinner with the best homemade creamy pasta sauce! The sun-dried tomato pasta sauce is made from scratch using basil, red pepper flakes, garlic, paprika, cream, and shredded Mozzarella cheese. I am a huge fan of pasta, and some of the most popular pasta recipes on this site include this chicken mozzarella pasta that you are. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Remove chicken from grill to cutting board; cover to keep warm.