Tuna noodle casserole. This is an easy tuna noodle casserole recipe made with condensed soup, cheddar cheese, tuna A classic American dish, tuna noodle casserole is a favorite family meal. This simple recipe is a great. Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole made from scratch with shell noodles, peas, tuna, celery, a delicious creamy white sauce, and crushed crackers on top.
Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic American dish. Egg noodles are combined with canned tuna in a creamy sauce and then baked. Peas are a classic addition and sometimes you see corn mixed in as. You can have Tuna noodle casserole using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna noodle casserole
- It’s 12 oz of pkg egg noodles.
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of med diced white onion.
- Prepare 2 stalks of diced celery.
- Prepare 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1-1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 8 oz of sliced mushroom.
- You need 5 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of flour.
- It’s 3 Cups of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-1/2 Cup of frozen peas.
- You need 3 (5 oz) of cans tuna, drained.
- Prepare 1-1/2 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of bread crumbs.
- It’s of Cooking spray.
The Best Tuna Casserole is SO easy to make! Made with a simple from scratch sauce, egg noodles, tuna, peas and a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping. This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting and reliable classic dish perfect for a busy weeknight and budget friendly! Fold in the tuna, followed by the cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese.
Tuna noodle casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Boil egg noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain..
- Put olive oil in a skillet over med heat. Stir in onion, celery, garlic & red pepper flake. Cook 5 mins..
- Turn to med-hi. Add mushrooms and cook additional 5 mins..
- In large saucepan, melt 5 Tblsp butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper..
- Stir peas, tuna, vegetable mixture with noodles in the large pot. Add milk mixture..
- Stir in cheese..
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and transfer mixture from saucepan..
- In a small bowl, melt 2 Tblsp butter. Mix in bread crumbs until moistened. Sprinkle over top casserole..
- Bake approximately 20 minutes..
Tuna noodle casserole is a family favorite that is filled with noodles, vegetables and tender chunks of tuna fish. All baked together in one pan! We Lightened up the Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole. Tomato paste adds a tangy counterpoint to the creamy, noodle-coating sauce, while Dijon mustard and lemon zest add zing. Put the cooked noodles, tuna, peas, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, remaining milk, and mushroom sauce in a casserole dish.