Easy Chicken Stew. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots and celery and season with salt and pepper. Mix in garlic and onion; cook until tender.
Heat the olive oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Mix in garlic and onion; cook until tender. Chicken Alfredo stew, autumn chicken stew, Mediterranean chicken stew—there are so many delicious ways to make chicken stew, and we've collected them all for you right here. You can have Easy Chicken Stew using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Stew
- Prepare 4 of chicken leg quarters, separated.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large russet potatoes, cubed.
- You need 1 can of carrots, drained.
- It’s 1 of sick of margarine or butter.
- Prepare 4 cloves of chopped garlic.
- You need to taste of Garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning or season salt,.
With these simple and hearty chicken stew recipes, you can warm yourself up from the inside. If you're looking for more chicken dinners, check out our next-level chicken breast recipes or best. A chicken stew made right will never do you wrong. Use our favourite chicken stew recipes for the perfect warm and comforting dinner.
Easy Chicken Stew step by step
- Melt butter or margarine in large sauce pan. And separated chicken quarters and simmer on medium, covered, for approximately 20 minutes..
- Add diced onions, potatoes, and garlic. Cover and slow to simmer for another 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes..
- Add additional spices and continue to simmer on medium for approximately another 15 minutes. Stir every 5..
- Add 1 cup of water and turn heat to medium high for about 10 minutes. Then turn down to medium low. Add carrots..
- Cook at medium low for another 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through..
- If desired, garnish with paprika and parsley before serving over rice..
Chicken Stew is a delicious meal with chicken, potatoes and sweet potatoes, onions and carrots. It's all simmered in a rich seasoned chicken broth until tender. It's one of our all time favorite meals (along with beef stew)!. A recipe like this chicken stew is a meal unto itself… full of protein, healthy carbs and veggies. Transfer the chicken out of the dutch oven to a plate.