Zucchini squash surprise. Yellow zucchini is perfect in a zucchini frittata since the yellow blends in with the eggs, making the summer squash flavor a bit of a surprise. It is also wonderful when combined with green zucchini, creating an appealing contrast of color. Lightly seasoned lean ground turkey meatloaf muffins made with couscous and lots of grated zucchini, onion, and red bell pepper get a topping of barbecue sauce in this easy recipe.
Summer squash varieties include zucchini, yellow squash (straightneck squash), and crookneck squash. T It worked out perfectly and the squash and zucchini came out warm, a little charred, caramelized and amazing. I'm pretty sure I could eat a whole sheet pan of roasted zucchini and squash in one sitting (no surprise there as that happens with almost all roasted veggies around here!). You can have Zucchini squash surprise using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini squash surprise
- You need 2 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown rice.
- Prepare 1 packages of chicken strips.
- You need 1 head of zucchini.
- It’s 1 head of yellow squash.
- You need 1 dash of lemon pepper.
When in season, yellow squash and zucchini grow in such abundance they're hard to use up, and even in the winter they're tasty, readily available, and inexpensive. Take advantage with this simple, fresh soup. Fresh herbs, lemon juice, and pasta complement the squash, while a generous topping of Parmesan adds distinctive nutty and salty notes. This cobbler is my surprise dessert!
Zucchini squash surprise step by step
- Bring water to a boil.
- Season chicken strips of your choice of seasoning (lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt-free seasoning etc).
- Cook chicken until all the way done.
- Chop zucchini and squash in pieces.
- Saute zucchini and squash with butter in pan.
- Add rice to boiling water, let simmer (occasionally stirring).
- Place rice on dish add zucchini and squash mixture.
- Top with chicken strips and garnish with parsley.
No one ever guesses that the "secret ingredient" is zucchini. Everyone says it tastes like apples. It's great to make for a potluck supper or to serve a crowd. This zucchini bars recipe has been requested time and again in my house, and I'm always happy to make it. Slice zucchini and squash very thin.