Zucchini chicken. Chicken and zucchini are the perfect match for simple and delicious summer dinners that will tempt your family to the table. These recipes are packed with flavor and are so easy to make. Lemon Herb Chicken with Zucchini Pasta and Ricotta.
For the most tender stir fry meat, let the chicken rest in the soy sauce and vinegar for a few minutes while you prep the other ingredients. I used chicken breasts, but boneless skinless chicken thighs would work well too. Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Zucchini is a fantastic one pan meal that the family will love! You can cook Zucchini chicken using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini chicken
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 6 of to 9 sliced zucchini small to medium size.
- It’s 1 can of salsa or diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg beated.
- You need 1 of bag or 6 boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 2 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
The chicken is so tender and breaded with an amazing parmesan garlic crust and the zucchini is sautéed in a delicious buttery parmesan garlic! Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl. Transfer the zucchini mixture to the bowl with the chicken. Perfect for weeknight dinners and a great way to use up that summer zucchini!
Zucchini chicken step by step
- Add sesame oil and 2 tbsp olive oil to large skillet pan..
- Wash and slice zucchini. Add to pan..
- Add parsley, basil and garlic powder to zucchini..
- Fry zucchini till slightly brown and softened..
- Put zucchini into casserole dish. Pour salsa or tomatoes over zucchini. Sprinkle parmesan over mix..
- Next beat egg in a bowl set a side. Place Italian bread crumbs into a gallon ziploc bag..
- Put 2 cups of olive oil in skillet to warm up..
- Wash chicken; dip in egg, place into bag with breading, shake till chicken is coated..
- Place breaded chicken into skillet. Cook long enough to crisp up breading but not cook the chicken all the way through..
- Place chicken on top of zucchini. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Another option is to sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of chicken during the last 10 minutes of baking..
- Pull zucchini chicken out of oven. Let stand 10 minutes. Enjoy.
Asian takeout doesn't have to be high in fat and calories, a few great examples of some Skinnytaste favorites: Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry, General Tso's Chicken, Orange Chicken Makeover, just to name a few. This low carb baked chicken and zucchini casserole with tomatoes is a delicious dish that is sure to please. For this recipe, I sliced chicken breasts thin, added seasoning, and then browned them up in a skillet. Then, I cooked up some sliced zucchini with tomatoes and spices. However, this version has been lightened up and is packed with lean chicken breast, zucchini, summer squash, and cherry tomatoes.