Chicken in a zucchini boat. I love swapping out the processed ingredients in recipes for whole fruits and vegetables! That was the idea for these chicken parmesan zucchini boats. Instead of having a fried piece of chicken on a bed of pasta, this recipe calls for sautéed ground chicken served in hollowed out zucchini.
I'm thinking if you added the soup to the chicken/cheese mixture and then added it to the boats it would work a lot better without the chicken getting dried out. This healthy and delicious chicken zucchini recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners! Please read the entire post for tips and tricks to ensure a perfect recipe every time. You can cook Chicken in a zucchini boat using 22 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken in a zucchini boat
- It’s of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ chicken and zucchini◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Prepare 3 of medium zucchini.
- It’s 12 ounces of diced/ shredded chicken, I used chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆sauce◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Prepare 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of whole leaf oregano.
- You need 1 of teaspoonful of cumin powder.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoonful of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoonful of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ toppings◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- It’s 2 cups of monterrey jack and colby cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/3 cup of jalapeño pepper slices, pickled.
- It’s 1 cup of black ripened sliced olives.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sour cream.
And don't forget to tag @peelwithzeal on Instagram so we can admire your creation!. This post may include affiliate links. Bariatric friendly recipe for parmesan marinara chicken baked in a zucchini boat. I really love recipes that allow me to bake a lean and solid protein into a vegetable.
Chicken in a zucchini boat step by step
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Finely chop the onion..
- Cut the ends off zucchini..
- Split them lengthways down the middle.
- Hollow the zucchini halves leaving a bit on the ends, so you can stuff them without stuffing running out. I used a spoon..
- Heat oil in pan, cube, or shred the chicken into small pieces. Add chicken to pan..
- Add onion to the chicken with salt, zucchini scrapings, cumin, cayenne, and paprika..
- Sauté till onion is translucent and chicken is done..
- Heat oil in the pan. Add the minced garlic and sauté..
- Add tomato sauce, honey, oregano, salt, cumin, and simmer..
- After 10 minutes of simmering and stirring occasionally, remove from heat..
- In an oven safe dish add a quarter cup of the sauce. Set the zucchini boats on top of sauce in dish..
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into zucchini boats.
- Pour over the zucchini boats the rest of the sauce..
- Add cheese and olives on top bake covered 40 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Add sour cream, cilantro, and jalapeños. Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Use rotisserie chicken or cook chicken breasts in an Instant Pot or poach it, then shred. See How to Shred Chicken for two easy methods.; red onion: adds a delicious little "bite" cherry tomatoes: the sweetest ones you can find Trim zucchini; slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon or a melon baller, remove flesh from center of each zucchini half. Chop scooped out zucchini flesh; set aside. Place zucchini halves in a single layer in prepared dish.