Tricia's Chicken Zucchini Boats. Slice zucchini lengthwise, scoop the meat out of the middle and set aside. Line zucchini boats in a casserole dish, spray with Olive Oil, season with pinch of salt, garlic. How to Make Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
The meat sauce is then loaded into the hollowed out halves of zucchini, topped with a little low fat mozzarella cheese, and baked for a few minutes. Place zucchini halves in a single layer in prepared dish. Divide chicken mixture among zucchini halves; cover pan with aluminum foil. You can cook Tricia's Chicken Zucchini Boats using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tricia's Chicken Zucchini Boats
- You need 2 of zucchini slices lengthwise.
- It’s 1 oz of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 oz of chopped onion.
- You need 1 oz of sliced baby bella mushrooms.
- You need 8 oz of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 4 oz of goat cheese crumbles.
- It’s 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 12 of fresh basil leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt.
Scoop the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Top the chicken with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve. I love swapping out the processed ingredients in recipes for whole fruits and vegetables!
Tricia's Chicken Zucchini Boats step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 or cook in toaster oven on 450.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, scoop the meat out of the middle and set aside.
- Line zucchini boats in a casserole dish, spray with Olive Oil, season with pinch of salt, garlic.
- Place zucchini boats in oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil, chicken, garlic, carrots, onions, mushrooms and seasonings.
- Saute until chicken and vegetables are browned and tender.
- Remove boats from oven and fill..
- Top with goat cheese and fresh basil.
- Cook and additional 10 to 15 minutes.
That was the idea for these chicken parmesan zucchini boats. Instead of having a fried piece of chicken on a bed of pasta, this recipe calls for sautéed ground chicken served in hollowed out zucchini. This sweet, summertime squash makes a wonderful appetizer or side dish, but how to make it a meal? Zucchini boats are the perfect way to make an otherwise light veggie side into a hearty and filling meal. To make zucchini boats, simply scoop the flesh out of the zucchini halves and stuff.