Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini. Zucchini noodles tossed in a rich and creamy walnut pesto topped with fresh parmesan. A low-carb, vegetarian, gluten-free meal that is undeniably delicious and satisfying. Yes, I am eating entire plates of vegetables to off-set the amount of Christmas cookies I have recently consumed.
If the pasta's too thick, add a ladle or so of the pasta cooking water. Plate the linguine, and top with the chicken breast and zucchini. This dish comes together quickly but is really made in two parts: the pesto, then the pasta and zucchini with the pesto mixed in. You can cook Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini
- Prepare 1/4 cup of walnut halves.
- It’s 1 of packed cup basil leaves.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breast halves.
- It’s 2 of zucchini, cut into 1/2 in slices and quartered.
- Prepare 1 lb of dry linguine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
Get out your food processor and blend together the following: basil, water, Parmesan, pine nuts (or whatever nuts you are using), olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini step by step. Put a small pan on medium heat and add the walnuts. Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini step by step.
Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini step by step
- Put a small pan on medium heat and add the walnuts. Let the nuts toast for 2 minutes, shaking the pan often to move them around. Add the nuts to a food processor along with the basil, garlic, parmesan and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pulse a dozen or so times until the pesto reaches a uniform and just slightly chunky consistency..
- Cover the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film or parchment paper. Use a kitchen mallet, rolling pin or small heavy pot to pound the breasts until they're 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan, about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Remove the chicken to a plate to rest and wipe the pan clean. You'll need it again shortly. Put a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta..
- Put the pan back on high heat and add a fresh splash of veg oil. Add the zucchini and fry until they start to caramelize and soften just a little, about 3 or 4 minutes. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. While you're cooking the zucchini, cook the linguine according to the package directions..
- Drag the cooked pasta from the pot to a large mixing bowl. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of pesto as well as the cream, then toss to coat. If the pasta's too thick, add a ladle or so of the pasta cooking water. Plate the linguine, and top with the chicken breast and zucchini..
- Transfer any leftover pesto to a small container and top with a little extra virgin olive oil. Keep it in the fridge to be used again. Hint: it's amazing drizzled inside an omelette with a little cream cheese..
Put a small pan on medium heat and add the walnuts. See great recipes for Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini too! Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In the meantime, prepare the sauce by combining flour, garlic, basil pesto, milk, crumbled bouillon cube, salt, and. Add a little oil, the chicken breasts, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.