Mashed Potato Crispers. This mashed potato rosemary crisps recipe is a perfect side to any comfort food meal and one of the best ways to use up leftover mashed potatoes! These are like potato chips but with a delicate crunchy outside and a soft tender inside, flavored with fresh rosemary and Parmesan cheese. Tips to make ultra crispy smashed potatoes.
Remove potato balls from oil, and drain on paper towel. Keep potato puffs warm in the holding oven. To serve, place potato puff on a plate. You can cook Mashed Potato Crispers using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mashed Potato Crispers
- Prepare 3 lb of golden potatoes (peeled, chopped and boiled).
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of eggs scrambled mixed with 3/4 cup water.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 3/4 cup of frozen corn boiled.
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of half n half or heavy cream or milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cayenne (omit to not give a spicy kick).
- You need 1 tbsp of parsley chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 2 large of boiled chicken breast chopped.
- You need 2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 of squeezed lemon.
Top with dollop of chive cream, chives, and a Cheddar crisp. Peel the potatoes and cut into large cubes. Keep peeled and chopped potatoes in cold water as you work. Boil a large pot of salted water and add the potatoes.
Mashed Potato Crispers step by step
- Boil your chicken for 20 min. When able to handle, chop into small pieces. You can even use roasted chicken for added flavor..
- Boil your potatoes with the diced red bell pepper in the same pot, and mash them, to make mashed potatoes. Add cream, milk or half and half, oregano, granulated garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne, cheese, corn, lemon and chicken. Incorporate to mixture. Get in there with your hands 🙂 but don't overwork, you don't want the mix to get to pasty..
- Get your dredging station ready. The eggs in one bowl, flour in another and panko bread crumbs in the 3rd bowl..
- Form potatoe mixture into a size just a bit smaller than ping pong size balls. Dredge into flour, then egg, then bread crumbs..
- I sautee these, not deep fry. Put vegetable oil in a sautee pan that reaches about 1/2 inch in the pan. Heat to medium heat. Add just a few balls at a time. Flipping every minute to brown all sides..
- Drain on paper towel..
- Makes about 35 to 40 balls. Serve alone or experiment with different sauces like ketchup, aiolis, honey mustard, etc..
- You can also use cooked bacon or chopped ham in place of the chicken!.
Remove the potatoes from the boiling water and rinse in cool water. Allow to drain of all water. You can easily make fried mashed potato puffs at home. Create a dough using mashed potatoes, eggs, milk, and butter. Pipe the dough into small mounds and fry them in hot oil until they're golden.