Tuna chicken rice in sofrito. Season chicken thighs with adobo and cumin. While the chickpeas are simmering with sofrito, start making the rice: Add oil to a medium pot and place over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add in onion, green pepper, cilantro and garlic.
Marinate chicken for at least an hour in sofrito, wine, garlic and seasonings. (I try to marinate over night). Add in olives and whatever else you may like. Mix with mayonnaise for a sandwich spread. You can cook Tuna chicken rice in sofrito using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna chicken rice in sofrito
- You need 2 can of tuna fish.
- You need 15 oz of can full of broken jasmine rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of sofrito , I used Goya brand.
- Prepare 15 oz of can of chick peas.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 large of chicken breast, boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 5 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of celery salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of frozen sweet green peas.
- It’s 1 pints of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Italian dressing vinergette.
Combine with softened butter and use to top a steak or fish fillet. Spread on toast and top with tuna and parsley. Stir in chicken, vegetable or beef broth, tomato paste and canned diced tomatoes, then add the rice. Bring the entire mixture to a boil; cover and turn the heat to low.
Tuna chicken rice in sofrito instructions
- Add broth and water with spices heat in a pot.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add chicken when boiling for 7 minutes drain liquid from can of tuna discard the juice of tuna I used tuna in water, add rice let cook for 5 minutes stir in tuna cover let cook 4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and sofrito stir occasionally add bay leaves, let cook 3 minutes add sweet peas.
- Lower heat cover cook 2 minutes remove frome heat let rest 10 minutes covered undisturbed enjoy.
Sofrito is a basic blend of peppers, onions, garlic, and cilantro blended together to create a puree. A puree of pure bliss in a bottle! It is used in stews, rice dishes, Latin pasta dishes, bean dishes and a lot more! Sofrito to Latinos is like spaghetti sauce to Italians; each family has their own unique recipe open to modifications. Sofrito is a key ingredient when cooking paella.