Spicy chicken n spinach. This is how this recipe for a healthier chicken saag or spinach chicken curry evolved. First, I started using chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs, then I reduced the number of spices, leaving out those that are rather hard to get and then I replaced the cream with milk and a little cream cheese to help with the consistency of the sauce. Squeeze the spinach to remove excess liquid and add the spinach to the pan.
With just jalapeno pepper cheese, spinach and milk, you can make this spicy dip or side dish in minutes. Add ground spices to the pan and when they begin to sizzle add spinach and salt and pepper to taste. Remove to a platter or to plates and serve with the chicken. You can have Spicy chicken n spinach using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken n spinach
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken breasts.
- You need 3 of onions.
- Prepare 1 of Bell pepper.
- Prepare 400 grams of frozen spinach.
- You need 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables.
- You need 1 can of Chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of wheat rice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 5 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of Red chili peppers.
- You need 3 of Green chili peppers.
- It’s 1 packages of chicken noodle soup instant powder mix.
- It’s 1/4 cup of paprika.
- It’s 3 dash of ground black pepper.
- It’s 3 dash of ground chives seasoning.
- It’s 2 dash of tandoori mas ala powder seasoning.
- Prepare 2 dash of Red chili powder seasoning.
- You need 2 dash of sage seasoning.
For years I had been trying to replicate a dish that was prepared for me by an African family. Finally, during a random sales call, an African telemarketer was gracious enough to help me piece together the missing ingredients. This is a hot, spicy, thick stew that is completely addictive. It contains chicken, peanut butter, and spinach.
Spicy chicken n spinach step by step
- Put olive oil in a big skillet or pan on top of stove and let it heat up on medium heat.
- Add the wheat rice to the pan and stir. (Note keep stirring the Ingredients as you add each ingredient).
- Add chopped onions.
- Add chopped bell peppers.
- Add chopped garlic cloves and the bag of spinach.
- Add red and green chili peppers. I did not chop these up I only cut it in half peices and put them in pan. That way we can see then to remove it after it is done. You can adjust the amount you want. We like it spicy hot but not to set mouth on fire lol..
- Add cut up chicken breast. I cut these up in small peices but you can adjust how big you want your chicken chunks to be..
- Now turn the heat up to medium high heat and keep stirring..
- Add the rest of the seasonings. And stir until chicken is done..
- Add the chicken noodle soup package and stir.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes (note: you can use fresh tomatoes).
- Add the mixed vegetables and stir.
- Now reduce heat to medium low heat and cover till rice is tender.(Note: the vegetables makes its own juices so there is no need to add water).
- After the rice is tender I uncover and continue cooking while continuously stirring to cook some of the juices out..
- This can be served as a main dish or can be put into flat bread and rolled up for a sandwich wrap..
Say goodbye to dry, flavorless chicken breasts and HELLO to this easy and flavorful skillet dinner with chicken and creamed spinach! It is the most perfect weeknight dinner. This recipe is for Chicken and Spinach Curry. It is a very quick, easy and tasty dish, and can be served with rice or roti. This curry is one of the classic Pakistani dishes, and can be found on menu rotations in many Pakistani households.