Healthy Chicken Pie. With its creamy filling, extra veggies, chunks of juicy chicken, and surprisingly light calorie count, it is a champion wholesome comfort food. This easy chicken pot pie recipe has earned the esteem of judges ranging from picky toddlers, to discerning adults, to the greatest classic chicken pot pie judge of them all: my husband Ben. Combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in a saucepan.
Cozy, healthy chicken pot pie soup made deliciously creamy without any dairy! Instead cauliflower and potatoes are pureed into the broth to achieve a rich, creamy thickness. The perfect lightened-up comfort food for fall! You can cook Healthy Chicken Pie using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Chicken Pie
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 of smoked bacon.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 large of potato.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of black pepper.
- It’s 150 grams of frozen peas.
- It’s 250 grams of pre made puff pasty.
- You need 4 tbsp of sunflower or vegatable oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn flower.
- You need 1 liter of warm water.
- It’s 100 ml of hot water.
- Prepare 2 of Chicken Stock Pot.
Pour the stock back into the sauté pan, then slowly pour in the cornflour mix. Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Meanwhile, for the pastry, put the flour in a bowl with a good pinch of salt. Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat.
Healthy Chicken Pie instructions
- Preparation – chop the onion, carrot and potato in to roughly 2cm pieces. Cut bacon and chicken in to roughly 2cm pieces..
- Heat a large sauce pan with 3 tablespoons of oil. (Medium heat).
- When the oil is warm add the bacon..
- When the bacon started to brown add the chopped onions..
- After 3mins add the carrots & potato and let it cook for a further 5mins, stirring regularly..
- Using a slotted spoon empty the pan in to a clean bowl..
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5mins stirring regularly. If pan is dry add more oil..
- Now add back to the pan the cooked bacon, onion, potato and carrots. And stirring together..
- Add 250ml of water to the pan and add 2 chicken stock pots. Stir well..
- In a clean bowl mix corn flour with 100ml of hot water. This will be a think paste – keep stirring till all lumps are gone. (Add more water is needed) Add this mixture to the pan with chicken and veg. This will thicken the sauce..
- Pour in 750ml of water, add peas, and season..
- Lower heat, stir and cover, letting chicken and veg simmer..
- Pastry – of using pre rolled pastry cut the pastry in to 2cm x 10cm. You'll will need 6 pieces per person. Place on a baking tray and cook as instructed. If you're using a unrolled pastry then roll out so it is 5mm think then cut as above..
- To serve, placed the chicken and veg in to a large serving bowl and cover with 6 pieces of pastry per serving..
- Now eat and enjoy :).
Spray pan with a little more oil and add leek, thyme and garlic. Combine the broth and soup in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Chicken Pot Pie a la Jeremy and Jasmin "Very good comfort food! I used fresh carrots and sauteed them with the onion, and used frozen corn instead of canned." – Clara. With homemade gravy and a few shortcuts, you get big pot pie flavor.