Kickin not so chicken pot pie. Kickin not so chicken pot pie Tastes like the inside of a chicken pot pie but without the pie crust and carbs. Chili and turmeric give it a nice kick. Seriously, the man can eat!) How to freeze homemade chicken pot pie.
A great household hit that'll have your family going back for seconds in no time. Nothing beats a warm, comforting slice of pot pie! This recipe is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods, along with shepherd's pie, chicken noodle soup and pot roast. You can have Kickin not so chicken pot pie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kickin not so chicken pot pie
- It’s 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 packages of frozen mixed vegetables.
- You need 2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of chili powder.
Seriously so delicious and the perfect meals to enjoy on a cold winter day. FOR STOVE TOP: In a large soup pot, melt one tablespoon of fat. What Vegetables Go In Chicken Pot Pie? Our slow cooker chicken pot pie filling includes peas, corn, mushrooms, and carrots.
Kickin not so chicken pot pie step by step
- Cut chicken into cubes. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Mince the garlic cloves. Melt 2 TBSP of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and brown for about a minute. Add the other 2 TBSP of butter, melt and stir..
- Stir in flour then add in chicken broth, turmeric, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir until blended..
- Add seasoned chicken. Stir around every minute for about 5 minutes until you see white on the chicken. You don't need to fully cook chicken in this step..
- Add in frozen vegetables. I use a pack that has peas, chopped carrots, corn and green beans. Stir for about 2 additional minutes. You want a thick sauce but not chunky so add additional broth if needed or add water with chicken bouillon. Stir in until well blended..
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes..
- Remove from oven. Stir and serve!.
Other yummy vegetable ideas are onion and celery for additional flavor/texture. Potatoes, green beans, or even broccoli would be good choices too. The chicken pot pie business is sizzling here in Salem. Chicken Pot Pie with a Twist. It's said that necessity is the mother of invention, and that's exactly how this pie was created.