Slow Cooker Jambalaya. A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. Colleen's Slow Cooker Jambalaya Colleen's Slow Cooker Jambalaya. This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a great way to make this New Orleans favorite with less effort!
The combo of sausage, chicken, and shrimp with Creole seasoning and rice is always a winner in my book. This delectable, slow-cooked version of a traditional New Orleans-style dish features chicken, kielbasa and shrimp in a bed of rice that's been seasoned with Creole seasoning, green pepper, celery and diced tomato. Slow Cooker Jambalaya is loaded with andouille sausage, chicken, and shrimp that gets cooked low and slow to activate the bold spices. You can cook Slow Cooker Jambalaya using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 12 oz of diced some boneless chicken breast.
- You need 2 tbsp of veggie oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of chopped onions.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 of bell peppers.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of smoked ham.
- You need 1 cup of chorizo sausage.
- It’s 14 oz of canned chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 lb of frozen cooked shrimp.
- It’s 3 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 oz of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of chives for garnish.
- You need 1 cup of sweet corn.
Also try Easy Jamalaya for a one pot meal that is perfect for busy nights. The flavor packed meal will liven up a normal. Jambalaya is a Creole dish, inspired by both French and Spanish cuisines. Served in the south (especially Louisiana!) and filled with both shrimp and andouille or smoked sausage, it packs on the flavor as a perfect dinner option year-round.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya instructions
- Combine all ingredients, except rice in slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours. If using raw shrimp add to slow cooker with 30 min remaining..
- Cook rice separately..
- Mix rice and slow cooker in a large bowl. Keep separate if you are storing the jambalaya..
- Portion mixture and garnish with chives..
Have dinner ready when you come home with this ultimate, slow-cooker Jambalaya. Featuring chicken, shrimp and smoked sausage, this classic Creole rice dish is perfect for the slow-cooker as all the flavors blend together over time in a marvelous way. As a simple one-pot meal, bring Jambalaya to your next potluck as a crowd-pleasing dish that doesn't skimp on flavor or presentation. In a slow cooker, combine chicken, sausage, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, celery, and chicken broth. Stir in oregano, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, bay leaves, and thyme.