Chicken chowder. Reduce heat; add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Heat until all the ingredients are cooked through and the soup has a creamy consistency – you can add another splash of milk or water to loosen if necessary. Chicken Chowder "This is wonderful served over tortilla chips or with corn bread as a side." Packed with chicken (or turkey) and veggies, this chunky chowder makes a nutritious meal.
Add potatoes, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. This hearty soup tastes really special, yet despite its creamy texture it doesn't contain any cream. Made with cooked chicken and fresh sweetcorn and potatoes, with a garnish of grilled back bacon, it's substantial enough for a light lunch, served with crusty bread and followed by salad or fruit. You can cook Chicken chowder using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken chowder
- It’s 1 lb of Boneless Chicken Breast.
- It’s 3 large of White Potatos.
- You need 1 large of Sweet Onion.
- It’s 1 lb of Turkey Bacon.
- You need 1 can of Diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 can of Cream of celery soup.
- It’s 1 packages of Sweet frozen corn.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
A chowder made with chicken and corn. It can be reheated with the cream added without curdling, even in the microwave. Chicken Corn Chowder is a creamy and hearty soup that is packed full of flavor. It's creamy but still has just the right amount of chunks.
Chicken chowder instructions
- In a large dutch oven heat olive oil, add small diced chicken and cut up bacon. Cook until done. Remove..
- Add diced onion and diced potato to pan and cook until onions are translucent, add garlic and s&p..
- Stir together Chicken broth, soups and tomatos (undrained) add this plus chicken and bacon back to pan. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- In a seperate saucepan melt butter, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, stirring constantly. Bring to boil, sauce will thicken. When done remove from heat and stir in whipping cream..
- Add white sauce into the dutch oven add corn let cook for 1 more minute. Stir and enjoy. Top with chedder cheese if desired..
- Delicious served with chedder garlic biscuits. :).
Perfectly cooked potatoes and a rich broth give the soup body. Crisp bacon adds fantastic texture and taste. Your family will love this chicken chowder for dinner! This chicken and corn chowder recipe is cozy, flavorful, and easy to make. Bacon makes this recipe extra delicious.