Chicken Corn Chowder. Bush's® Red Beans are Perfect For Corn Chowder. Pin To Your Recipe Board Today! A rich corn chowder built on a base of chicken stock and half-and-half has yellow and white corn, potatoes, and shredded chicken for a meal in a bowl.
Use good quality thick bacon for the recipe, and go organic for as many ingredients as possible. Must use yukon gold or other smaller gold potatoes as they help thicken the soup. Use of other potatoes will not work. You can have Chicken Corn Chowder using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Corn Chowder
- It’s 1 of chicken breast cut in small pieces.
- You need 5 of medium size russet potatoes, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of cups of corn kernels (fresh or frozen).
- It’s 2 1/2 of cups of water with a chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 of fresh rosemary sprig.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, can be cut in small pieces or mashed.
- You need 1 of cup of crumbled cooked bacon.
- Prepare 1 of pint of half and half (evaporated milk can be used instead).
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
This is not a low fat/low calorie food, just a warning. A chowder made with chicken and corn. It can be reheated with the cream added without curdling, even in the microwave. To poach the chicken: Combine the chicken, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, pepper and a tablespoon of salt large pot.
Chicken Corn Chowder step by step
- In a big enough saucepan put water with chicken bouillon. First add chicken after you have cut it. Let cook for 5 minutes..
- Then add garlic, onion and potatoes..
- When chicken is done add the half and half, bacon, corn and rosemary sprig..
- Let simmer for 20 minutes or potatoes are tender over medium low heat. In this step you can add the black pepper. Salt to taste..
This soup is great family-friendly comfort food that's so easy to prepare. You can't go wrong with this one! What sets this chowder apart from most is the addition of potatoes, which is what gives this soup the thickness and creaminess without needing heavy cream. Of course, you CAN add cream if you want too, for an extra and even bigger creamy flavour, BUT it's not needed. Stir in chicken broth, garlic, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper, to taste.