Brad's butternut, cauliflower, and beer bisque. The squash base for this creamy soup gets puréed before cooking rather than after, so there's no shuffling of hot liquids. Melt the butter in a large, heavy saucepan. Raise the heat to high, add the honey and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
This post may contain affiliate links. In addition to their fabulous homemade peanut butter, one of my all-time favorites at Whole Foods is their warm butternut squash crab bisque. Here's a way to avoid the time consuming peeling of raw butternut squash. You can have Brad's butternut, cauliflower, and beer bisque using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's butternut, cauliflower, and beer bisque
- Prepare of small head of cauliflower, chopped.
- You need of butternut squash, deseeded, peeled, and chopped.
- You need of red onion, chopped.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- It’s of oil.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of Dry mustard, black pepper, oregano, and thyme. 1 tsp each.
- You need of cans pale ale.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of heavy cream.
- It’s of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Fresh basil for garnish.
Add liquid ingredients, cauliflower, salt, pepper, and mustard and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender. Add the roasted cauliflower, carrots, and onions to a blender in small batches with the broth, water, nut or rice mi k, turmeric, cumin, and curry powder and puree until smooth. Adapted from Susan Spungen's Recipes: A Collection for the Modern Cook. "Just about any vegetable can be transformed into a smooth pureed soup," says Susan Spungen.
Brad's butternut, cauliflower, and beer bisque instructions
- Place oil in a hot fry pan. Saute cauliflower, squash, onion, and garlic for around 15 minutes. When onion starts browning, add 1 beer and spices, cover. Simmer 10 minutes or until squash gets tender. Remove from heat and let sit 45 minutes to an hour. This let's flavors bind..
- Remove 1/3 of the veggies..
- Return pan to heat. Add second beer. Let reduce uncovered until liquid is half the volume..
- Remove from heat and cool enough to blend. Puree everything together. Mix in cream and parmesan..
- Meanwhile melt butter in a soup pot. Add flour. Constantly stir until it starts to brown and smells a little nutty..
- Slowly add cream mixture. Stir constantly. Cook until soup thickens a bit. Add the bouillon and veggies you reserved. Heat through..
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy.
Besides this Butternut Squash Bisque, also try her Wild Mushroom Bisque , Sweet Corn. Roasting the squash and cauliflower to the point where the squash is caramelized and the cauliflower has nicely browned is the key to making this taste so good. This recipe for butternut squash soup is pretty thick, so you can always thin it out by adding some more broth or water as needed. Lobster Bisque – a classic creamy and smooth highly seasoned soup made from lobsters and This easy recipe combines the robust flavors of German beer and cheddar cheese to make a rich, creamy soup that's good to eat on any cold day. Butternut squash provides a robust helping of vitamins A, C and E, a generous dose of dietary fiber and a burst of color to this seven-ingredient soup.