Chicken Kiev. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with water until fluffy. Place mixture on plastic wrap or waxed paper and roll into small log; place in freezer. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick. In a bowl, beat egg and milk; place coating mix in another bowl. Dip chicken, then roll in coating mix. You can have Chicken Kiev using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Kiev
- Prepare 1 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of frozen butter slices.
- Prepare 1 of assorted fresh chopped herbs (I used basil, rosemary, parsley and chives.
- Prepare 1 of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg wash.
- It’s 1 of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of sliced lemon.
Sprinkle with one-fourth of the green onion mixture. Place a butter piece in center of chicken piece. Chicken Kiev (Ukrainian: котлета по-київськи, kotleta po-kyivsky, Russian: котлета по-киевски, kotleta po-kiyevski; literally "cutlet Kiev-style") is a dish made of chicken fillet pounded and rolled around cold butter, then coated with eggs and bread crumbs, and either fried or baked. In general, the dish of stuffed chicken breast is also known in Ukrainian and.
Chicken Kiev instructions
- Create a hole in each chicken breast..
- Roll butter in herbs and place in hole. Secure with tooth picks..
- Place chicken in egg wash and then roll in bread crumbs mixed with salt and pepper..
- Fry in oil until golden brown..
- Squeeze lemon over top..
- Don't forget to take out the tooth picks before serving!.
- A great side for this dish is noodles Romanov..
Roll up chicken from a long side; tuck ends under. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, parsley and paprika. Place buttermilk in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken into buttermilk, then coat evenly with cornflake mixture. Chicken breast can be tricky and readers are constantly asking me for great chicken breast recipes.