Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie a la Jeremy and Jasmin "Very good comfort food! I used fresh carrots and sauteed them with the onion, and used frozen corn instead of canned." – Clara. With homemade gravy and a few shortcuts, you get big pot pie flavor.
A great household hit that'll have your family going back for seconds in no time. Nothing beats a warm, comforting slice of pot pie! This recipe is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods, along with shepherd's pie, chicken noodle soup and pot roast. You can have Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie
- You need 1 small of sour cream.
- It’s 3 each of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 packages of frozen peas or you can use fresh, your choice.
- It’s 1 packages of fresh baby carrots chopped up.
- Prepare 2 each of i use canned diced potatoes, but if you are feeling it, by all means, cut up some potatoes yourself.
- It’s 1 of * don't forget to drop all your cut up potatoes into cold water to avoid browning.
- Prepare 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of bottle of italian dressing.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of parkay butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of pet milk.
- It’s 1 of *or you can use milk.
- Prepare 2 packages of pilsbury ready made pie crusts (in a box near canned biscuits in the store)(it takes 2 boxes with 2 crust in each box).
- You need 1 of pam nonstick cooking spray.
- You need 1 of *you will need at least a 13×9 dish to cook this in, it feeds alot of people.
Seriously so delicious and the perfect meals to enjoy on a cold winter day. The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry. By using a refrigerated dough you're left with making a quick, savory gravy that can be filled with leftover cooked chicken, turkey, or ham and a good handful of veggies. This is the Easiest Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe!
Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie step by step
- Start the night before you prepare this and wash and then marinade your chicken with the Italian dressing and salt and pepper then throw it the frige till you cook the next day..
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Cook chicken with the Italian dressing poured all over it until done.
- while chicken cooks, add 1/2 bag of peas, carrots, potatoes, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, two big spoonfuls of sour cream all in a large pot.
- Also add milk, butter, salt and pepper at this time..
- Heat this all up to a boil, stirring frequently, boil long enough to heat it all up and then turn it down and keep it warm..
- Next after you cook your chicken, cut it all up to your desired size. I like nice, at least in inch size peices.
- After you take the chicken out of the oven, go by the directions on the box and spray your dish well with pam, line your.dish with 2 of the crusts, use a fork and make some holes in the dough to avoid big air bubbles (and let crust hang over the edges of your dish).
- Add the chicken to your mixture and stir it all up good. Let it simmer while your crusts cook.
- Next pour mixture into your dish over the cooked crust.
- Open the other box of 2 pie crust, and lay it across the top of the entire dish. Again, allow your crusts to overlay the edges of the dish all the way around, and polk a few fork holes in those crust and put entire dish back in the oven and cook on about 400° until crust is golden brown.
- **I almost forgot, I like to brush an egg wash over the crust, it makes it look and taste better**.
Two things make this the easiest recipe ever – condensed soup and Bisquick! The soup gives the filling that slow-cooked flavor and the Bisquick gives you that tender, delicious crust that is a must for pot pie but with half the work. Homemade Chicken Or Turkey Pot Pie We usually make this with chicken, but if you have leftover turkey after the holidays, it tastes wonderful prepared that way too! This is always a favorite with anyone who gives it a try. Boneless chicken breasts are seasoned with rosemary and sauteed in broth, then added to savory ingredients for a homemade chicken pot pie everyone will love!