Cast iron chicken pot pie. Chicken pot pie is a fall and cast-iron skillet staple. You could make your own crust, but store-bought puff pastry works plenty well for a weekday meal. This chicken pot pie makes great use of left over chicken.
When complete, chunk the chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside. It's all done in one pot, you use frozen veggies and a rotisserie chicken, and you use store bought Pillsbury pie crust. The preparations required for chicken pot pie have largely relegated it to a Sunday treat, but moving this dish to a cast-iron skillet sped up the process and also improved the results. You can have Cast iron chicken pot pie using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cast iron chicken pot pie
- You need 1/4 cup of salted butter.
- It’s 3 lb of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 packages of grands biscuits.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 can of water.
- It’s 2 packages of thawed frozen vegetables.
We started by parbaking the crust separately, which ke. This chicken pot pie from scratch is the ultimate comfort food. This chicken pot pie recipe has potatoes, carrots, peas, and the most delicious sauce filling, put in between two flakey pie crusts. This easy chicken pot pie is a must make.
Cast iron chicken pot pie step by step
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook in butter.
- Add water, bring to boil and add vegetables..
- Add soups, salt and pepper to taste stir and let simmer for 5 minutes..
- Place uncooked biscuits on top of mixture. Bake according to directions on biscuit container..
The times I tend to crave chicken pot pie the most are at the end of long, busy days, which is exactly when I don't have the time to make it. It relies on a few store-bought conveniences and comes together in one skillet, so it's a pot pie you can pull off on those kinds of nights. Pot pie is a great home-style comfort food that can easily be brought to the campsite. After a long day of hiking, swimming or geocaching a good warm meal is what you need. But no one wants to spend his or her quality outdoor time making a meal.