Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO. Pour browned flour into a bowl and return pot to heat. Pour the chicken stock and reserved shrimp stock in and stir till the paste (roux) is combined. Put the sausage, the rest of the creole seasoning,and the cayenne in and raise the heat to bring to a soft boil.
Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and remove. Add the sausage and cook until browned, and then remove. You can cook Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO
- It’s 3 large of boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
- It’s 1 lb of smoked sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of med shrimp deveined and peeled (doesnt go in until the end).
- You need 5 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need 3 of stalks chopped celery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of flat leafed parsley, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 5 cup of hot water.
- You need 5 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 can of stewed tomatoes w/juice.
- You need 2 cup of frozen sliced okra.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, white part as well.
- Prepare 1 dash of of cayenne pepper.
In a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan combine melted. This Sausage, Chicken, and Shrimp Gumbo is a traditional version of the famous Southern dish. Although gumbo comes in all shapes and forms, there are usually a few common factors that identify a gumbo as a gumbo. Just like its Cajun sisters, jambalaya and étouffée, gumbo usually starts off with a base of chopped onion, green bell peppers, and.
Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO step by step
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large (heavy bottomed) pot, over medium-high heat..
- Cook chicken until browned on both sides, remove..
- Cook sausage until browned on both sides, remove..
- *Roux- Sprinkle the flour over the oil, add 2 tablespoons of margarine and cook over medium-heat. Stirring constantly, until brown, about 10 minutes..
- Return the pot to low heat and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste and the 1/4 bunch parsley..
- Cook while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes..
- Add 5 cups of hot water and beef bouillon cubes. Whisk constantly. *for thicker gumbo, 4 cups of hot water.
- Add chicken and sausage, bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- Add tomatoes (w/juice) and okra. Stir, then cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Just before serving add green onions, and shrimp. Let stand 5 minutes..
- Enjoy!!! With rice or crackers, however you prefer. Or just straight up..
Gumbo is a stay-inside-and-cook-all-day kind of dish that warms you inside and out. While Louisianans have firm ideas about what goes into a proper gumbo, there are infinite variations—chicken and okra; turkey and sausage; duck, oyster, and sausage—and countless versions, including ones with filé as a thickener and others with okra. Chicken, Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo ~ with the Holy Trinity of Lousiana cooking (celery, onion and bell pepper), roast chicken, andouille sausage and shrimp are slowly simmered in chicken broth flavored by a rich, dark roux made the Cajun way! Simmering the shrimp shells in the broth adds distinct flavor, but you can skip this step and start with peeled shrimp. How to Make Chicken Shrimp and Okra Gumbo.