Prosciutto, Spinach and Feta Chicken Roulade. Add some thyme and skip the basil and crushed red pepper. Spicy Buffalo Chicken Roulade: Mix your favorite spicy wing sauce with some mayonnaise or Ranch dressing and spread a light layer over the cutlet before adding. Learn how to prepare this easy Prosciutto-Wrapped Spinach and Feta-Stuffed Chicken recipe like a pro.
Take off the heat and stir in the feta cheese. The Best Chicken Roulade Recipes on Yummly Roast Chicken Wrapped In Pancetta Served With Baby Carrot, Chicken Roulade, Chicken Roulade. chicken breasts, pesto, prosciutto. You can cook Prosciutto, Spinach and Feta Chicken Roulade using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prosciutto, Spinach and Feta Chicken Roulade
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/4 of onion, minced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of feta, crumbled or chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 3 tsp of seasoned bread crumbs.
- It’s 4 slice of prosciutto.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the breasts. Place chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Prosciutto Chicken with Spinach and Feta and Peppers Wine Sauce. I made a delicious meal with a stuffed chicken breasts with spinach, roasted red and yellow peppers, feta cheese with a caramelized onion and mushroom confetti with herbs, butter and a little white wine all rolled up and wrapped in a blanket of Italian prosciutto.
Prosciutto, Spinach and Feta Chicken Roulade instructions
- Saute onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until softened, about 6 minutes..
- Add chopped spinach, garlic and season with salt and pepper; cook about 3 minutes then set aside and let cool..
- While spinach mixture is cooling, place a butterflied chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax paper and using a meat mallet pound away from your body until chicken is about 1/4 of an inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add feta and parsley to cooled spinach mixture, if it looks too dry add 1 to 2 teaspoons water..
- Lay two slices of prosciutto on flatten chicken breast..
- Spread half of the spinach mixture on top of prosciutto and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons of seasoned bread crumbs..
- From shortest end, tightly roll up chicken tucking in any spinach mixture that may fall out..
- Secure seam with tooth picks or kitchen twine..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat once oil is shimmering add roulades seam side down cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown, flip and cook other side for 3 more minutes..
- Transfer to baking sheet and cook in 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove tooth picks or twine before slicing. Slice on a bias and serve..
Sauté the shallots in olive oil and when translucent, add the spinach. Cook on medium heat until the spinach has wilted and set aside. To prepare the roulades, place a pounded chicken breast half on two slices of prosciutto. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the dill. Remove a Chicken Breast from the baggy and place on top of the Prosciutto.