Chicken ala King. It's a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. Green pepper and red pimientos make this a pretty dish to serve at Christmas or anytime. Serve over cooked rice, toast, or noodles.
One bite will have the whole family shouting, "Long live Chicken a la King!" Here, we call for deli-roasted chicken, but this is a great recipe to prepare if you have leftover cooked chicken or turkey—just substitute it in. You can also use a quick skillet chicken or boiled chicken. But for a weeknight cook in a time crunch, there's. You can cook Chicken ala King using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken ala King
- You need of SAUCE.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, salted or unsalted.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 of Shallots, minced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 3 3/4 cup of chicken stock, homade if possible.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dryed thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Franks brand.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 8 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chicken broth.
- It’s of OPTIONS FOR SERVING.
- You need of puff pastry shells, which is what I used today I used Pepperidge farms frozen puff pastry shells, baked. Other great serving options are split baked potatos,mashed potatos, rice, pasta, biscuits, toast or english muffins!.
In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt until smooth. Add the broth and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Classic Chicken a la King is rich and creamy and made from scratch. This easy dinner recipe is great served over rice, pasta, toast, or biscuits!
Chicken ala King instructions
- MAKE SAUCE.
- In a medium large saucepan melt butter, add shallots and garlic and soften.
- Add wine and cook until half gone then whisk in flour and cook on low 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in broth until smooth, add pepper, thyme, lemon, and hot sauce, bring to a low simmer ad simmer about 30 minutes..
- Add cream and parsley ad cook 2 minutes, taste for salt and pepper. Remove from ,heat and add cheee stir in set aside.
- COOK CHICKENPOX VEGETABLES.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute turning once until cooked trough, remove to a plate.
- Add all chopped vegetables to skillet chicken was cooked in sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, saute 2 minutes.
- Add the 2 tablespoons chicken broth , cover and steam vegetables until cooked through about 15 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce to vegetables.
- Add chicken, cut into bite sized pieces and heat through.
- Serve on pastry shells or any of re othere Options for serving. A green salad bows great with this as well..
Can you freeze Chicken a la King? Yes, you can freeze chicken a la king, but it is better if you eat it fresh. If you still want to freeze this dish wait until it has cooled, then place it in freezer. Dice chicken into bite-size pieces and slide into bubbling sauce. Split the biscuits, place bottoms on dinner plates and cover with ladles of Chicken a la King.