Easy Peanut Chicken. This easy peanut butter chicken recipe is inspired from the African cuisine. The recipe works with any kind of chicken. If you have only raw chicken, fry it first.
Serve this peanut butter chicken warm over pressure cooker brown rice with some thinly sliced red cabbage, sliced red peppers, and shredded carrots, all drizzled with more peanut sauce. I like to finish it off with some more chopped unsalted roasted peanuts, along with a small handful of cilantro. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. You can have Easy Peanut Chicken using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Peanut Chicken
- It’s 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cleaned and cut into bite size cubes.
- It’s 1/2 box of spaghetti noodles cooked according to the package.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lite Catalina dressing.
- It’s 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red pepper cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen pea pods.
- Prepare 1 of chopped peanuts and diced green onion.
In a small bowl whisk together remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour peanut butter sauce over chicken and vegetables. Stir until everything is evenly coated in sauce. This Peanut Butter chicken has quickly landed a starring role in my dinner lineup!
Easy Peanut Chicken step by step
- Cook spaghetti noodles for 3 minutes. Add red pepper and pea pods. Continue cooking until the noodles are done. Drain..
- Heat frying pan to medium, add chicken. Cook until its almost done, about 5-7 minutes. Add Catalina dressing to pan and finish cooking, for about 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is done add peanut butter and soy sauce. Stir until combined. Heat for about 5 minutes until thickened..
- Add drained spaghetti and veggies to the chicken and sauce. Stir to combine. Sprinkle peanuts and green onion on top..
Years ago, my husband was the only one who ate it. Now that my kids are older, they love it too! I love how easy and quick it is! It reheats very well and is perfect over some simple and comforting white rice. Peanut Butter Chicken is a strange sounding but awesomely delicious dinner recipe that the whole family will love.