Chicken Pot Pie. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Chicken Pot Pie a la Jeremy and Jasmin "Very good comfort food! I used fresh carrots and sauteed them with the onion, and used frozen corn instead of canned." – Clara.
Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Remove from heat, drain and set aside. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- It’s 1 packages of Frozen mixed veggies.
- Prepare 3 of Chicken breasts.
- You need 1 can of Cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 box of Pie crust.
Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. This chicken pot pie recipe is also known as "Mrs. Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store. Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Boil the chicken enough to shred (Don't fully cook the chicken). Heat the oven to 350°F..
- Lay out the first layer of the pie crust. Then mix the chicken, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, veggies, and salt & pepper together in separate bowl..
- Add the mixture into the bowl with the first layer of crust. Spread it evenly throughout the dish. Once done unroll the other pie crust and lay on top. Make sure the crust covers the whole dish. Pinch the outer edges of the crust or use a fork. Make sure to put slits in the top..
- Cook for one hour!! Once done, Enjoy!.
Just pull some frozen mixed vegetables from the freezer and a can. Soften pie crust as directed on package. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables, and a mix of dried and fresh herbs. I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie.