Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Easy Chicken and Vegetable Pie Recipe. Peel and chop the onion as finely as possible.
Remove from heat, drain and set aside. This pie is a great way of making use of leftover chicken or turkey. Chicken and vegetables are baked with a white sauce under a layer of shortcrust pastry. You can cook Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie
- You need of Crust.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen mixed vegetables.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need 6 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 4 cup of milk.
Meanwhile, place the chicken, carrots, potatoes, salt, pepper, thyme and stock to a large saucepan. When the chicken and stock is nearly cooked, take another large sauce pan and add in the butter and chopped onion. The Best Creamy Chicken Vegetable Pie Recipes on Yummly Soya Sauce Mushroom Chicken With Braised Eggs, Classic Creamy Chicken Pot Pie, The Perfect (grain-free) Chicken Pot Pie.
Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Combine flour, salt and flour in mixing bowl. Add in oil and milk. Mix thoroughly, then set aside..
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan at medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing so that it thoroughly coats the chicken and absorbs the oil. Also add seasoning at this time..
- Add milk slowly, mixing thoroughly as you do. It should start thickening into gravy as it mixes with the floured chicken..
- Add vegetables to the chicken gravy. Allow gravy to cook until vegetables defrost, stirring frequently..
- In your baking dish, take about half of the dough you made previously and press it evenly into the bottom of the dish. Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the crust just starts to turn brown (I usually do this while I'm preparing the filling) Remove from oven..
- Scoop/pour the filling into the baking dish on top of the crust..
- Flatten the remaining dough out evenly and lay it over the filling so that it covers it (It doesn't have to be perfect, as the crust usually pulls away from the edges a bit anyway)..
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is a golden brown..
- Remove from oven and serve! If you allow it to sit and cool for a few minutes before serving, its usually a little easier to scoop out, as the filling thickens a little as it cools. Enjoy!.
This Chicken Pie recipe has everything you need in a creamy chicken pie. Moist, tasty, home cooked chicken, added vegetables and a light chicken pie sauce made with the chicken stock. Add in some crispy bacon and delicious shortcrust pastry and this easy chicken pie recipe is a winner! In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas and celery. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.